Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM MasterCard®
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM Platinum MasterCard®
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard® from Citi Cards®
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Is Mint able to download the transactions from your HHonors Citi card account? It doesn't work for me.
Lots of people (including me) are still having problems with Mint and Citi. See here: http://satisfaction.mint.com/mint/to...ibank_accounts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I'm not able to get my HHonors Reserve card to work with the Citi iPhone app either.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:05 pm

Sorry to bump this up, but is it possible to consolidate multiple Hilton cards into a single login? If so, how do I go about it?
Currently, I have one login for one card. Attempts at linking the second into this same account are erroring out.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stalker
Sorry to bump this up, but is it possible to consolidate multiple Hilton cards into a single login? If so, how do I go about it?
Currently, I have one login for one card. Attempts at linking the second into this same account are erroring out.
It is absolutely possible. My wife has 2 Hilton Visas linked to a single Citi login.

However, for you to do this by yourself the name must be the same on both/all cards to be linked. (This is true for any Citi online account, not just the Hilton Visa accounts. Earlier this year I had a problem getting an AA Amex linked to my account even though my AA Visa, issued at the same time, was no problem to link. The culprit? Middle initial on the Amex.) I suspect this may be the problem in your case. In any event, call Citi and ask for tech support for your online account; they should be able to resolve this problem, just as they did for my AA Amex.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by stalker
The way to do this is to try to register the new card for online access (as if you wanted a new online account) - if the system recognizes you as an existing customer it asks you whether you want to add the card to the existing login. Just did this two weeks ago for my latest Hilton churn (2 new cards)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drminn
if the system recognizes you as an existing customer it asks you whether you want to add the card to the existing login. Just did this two weeks ago for my latest Hilton churn (2 new cards)
The previous poster indicated that he has already tried linking the new card to his online account & gotten an error message. Per my last post, the user cannot successfully make the linkage if there's even a slight difference in name; only Citi web support can resolve the issue in such cases.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by beltway
The previous poster indicated that he has already tried linking the new card to his online account & gotten an error message. Per my last post, the user cannot successfully make the linkage if there's even a slight difference in name; only Citi web support can resolve the issue in such cases.
What i am suggesting is not to start from his existing online account, but to try to register the new card for a new online account - if the stars line up they will recognize that he is an existing customer and offer to link the new card to the account. Trust me, it works.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drminn
What i am suggesting is not to start from his existing online account, but to try to register the new card for a new online account - if the stars line up they will recognize that he is an existing customer and offer to link the new card to the account. Trust me, it works.
Yes, it worked.

That was how I did mine. I could not link the 2nd HHonor to the 1st HHonor after the 1st HHonor has successfully registered online, despite they came as a pair.

So I started a new process for the 2nd HHonor. I was ready to have them registered separately. After all I dont need to access both cards at the same time as I normally concentrate spending on one card and get it over with, then start the effort on 2nd card. However the system behaved exactly like you described, then I was able to add the 2nd HHonor to the existing userid used by 1st HHonor.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:30 pm

I wasn't able to link the citi HH visa card to my regular citi credit card account ID online. However, thanks to this thread, I was able to link HH visa credit card to the regular banking account ID (checking/saving) at citi online. Many thanks to FT and those who shared this information.^
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:51 am

Bumping this thread to confirm that this is still an issue. I was just able to link my TY card to my existing AA login (2 cards), but was not able to link my wife's TY card to her existing Hilton login (2 cards).

However, AwardWallet now seems to be choking on my AA+TY login and is not able to extract TY info, while it works just fine on my wife's new TY-only login. Has anyone else seen this problem, or is AW working for people with a combined TY login?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Several
I had the same problem with my two HH Visas. I previously had an AA card and switched it to the Dividend cashback card (both of which showed up through my original AA card log-in information).

When I activated my two HH Visas a month ago, I was not able to link them to the Dividend log-in. However, I was able to link both the new HH cards to the same log-in.

Still a relevant issue.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
I have 3 Citi cards and can not link any. I even sent Citi a note asking about this and they confirmed the cards can't be linked. A minor annoyance.

Award Wallet works fine on linked on other linked accounts, but obviously I have no experience on this with Citi.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
You cannot link Citi AA with Citi HHonors with the same user ID if you only have CC with Citi. However, if you have a Citi bank account (checking, savings etc.), then you can link any CC with this bank account using only one user ID (the one the bank account uses).
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by AmexCent
You cannot link Citi AA with Citi HHonors with the same user ID if you only have CC with Citi. However, if you have a Citi bank account (checking, savings etc.), then you can link any CC with this bank account using only one user ID (the one the bank account uses).
Why is this? This move makes absolutely no sense and it's a real pain in the ... to have to log in to multiple sites with multiple usernames and passwords to check credit accounts from the same bank...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by OnlyOne
Why is this? This move makes absolutely no sense and it's a real pain in the ... to have to log in to multiple sites with multiple usernames and passwords to check credit accounts from the same bank...
That's Citi for you. After working there for nearly 4 years, I still didn't understand why they do half the things they do.

It is quite annoying having 3 different Citi log ins...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.