Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM MasterCard®
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM Platinum MasterCard®
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard® from Citi Cards®
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
This is not accurate in my experience. I have multiple Citi HHonors cards, multiple Citi AAdvantage personal cards, and a Citi ThankYou card all tied to the same online account. The way I do this is:
1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
3. Click "Profile & Settings"
4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.

When looking at my main account view I can see point balances for my Citi ThankYou, HHonors, and AAdvantage accounts along the right-hand side.

It would drive me crazy to have separate online accounts for each Citi co-branded card type. If you currently do and want to combine them all, I'd recommend following the steps I list above until you get to #5, and "Unlink" cards from old accounts and link them to your new/main account.

I also have a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card and did need to create a separate account for that one, which I hated having to do.
I only have Citi Credit cards. When I applied for the Premier, it was added automatically to my account with the rest of my other Citi Cards. Today, I received my Prestige and it was not added automatically to my account. I followed these steps and it was added.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
My wife and I only have CC's with Citi, AA and non-AA cards, all are on one account for both of us.

edit: Looking at the wiki above, I have the listed Hilton card on the same account with both my AA platinums.
Were you able to link both yours and your wife's credit cards onto a single login account by yourself online? thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ywlke
FYI, I was on the phone with Citi tech support with an unrelated issue with my new Costco Visa. Along the way, I happened to ask about linking the Hilton card, and the tech mentioned that, while you used to need a separate account, the card can now be linked to IDs with other credit card accounts as of around January or February of this year. So for all the confusion here, it's a recent change at least for the Hilton card.
I removed the HHonors card from the wiki. I can verify from my experience that a separate login is no longer needed.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
I removed the HHonors card from the wiki. I can verify from my experience that a separate login is no longer needed.
You don't have a Citigold or Citi checking account? (Just because one person doesn't need a sepaarate login doesn't prove that it works for everyone! There have been exceptions for years for Citigold members, for example.)
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You don't have a Citigold or Citi checking account? (Just because one person doesn't need a sepaarate login doesn't prove that it works for everyone! There have been exceptions for years for Citigold members, for example.)
Only a Double Cash card and an HHonors card.

My girlfriend is a second data point. She has a Double Cash and the Citi HHonors card with the annual fee.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:07 am

Another data point.

This was reported two months ago (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26914203-post135.html) and I was able to link my Hilton card to my "other cards" login after having Citi Online Support de-link it from the login it was linked to (it was the only card associated with the login so Support had to de-link it, couldn't do it via the website).

This was done a month BEFORE I applied for CitiGold. For what it's worth, my CitiGold login only has banking products and I still use a separate login for all my card products.

Last edited by hi-guy; Sep 5, 2016 at 2:22 am Reason: Added link
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:48 pm

Unhappy Citi account with two cards -- one of them Costco Business card

FYI for future readers:

Citi Costco Business credit cards cannot be linked to / under the one Citi account (the same Citi account) as other Citi credit cards.

I've embedded photos from the Citi account website that illustrate this.

The steps I took are:

* Under the top banner, click on "Profile & Settings"
* Under "My Settings", click on "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
* Under "Link Account: Enter Information", the following message appears:

Important Notes:

- If you are attempting to link a Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card, you will need to create a separate User ID and password by logging out, navigating to citi.com, and then clicking on "Register". Linking a business credit card account to a consumer credit card account is not currently available.

(See screenshot 1.)

* Under the "Account Type" drop down menu, select "Credit Card".
* The field for "Credit Card Account Number" appears. After entering the relevant Citi Costco Business credit card number, receive the following message:

Important information:

The account number you've entered can't be linked to this Account Online User ID at this time. Please register this account using a separate User ID. To do this, you'll need to sign off, return to the home page and select Register.

(See screenshot 2.)

This process was frustrating me, so hopefully this offers clarity to other Citi Costco Business credit card holders.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by answers2go
This process was frustrating me, so hopefully this offers clarity to other Citi Costco Business credit card holders.
It's always been the same issue with the Citi AA Business cards.

But that begs the question: If someone has both a Citi AA Business card, and a Citi Costco business card, can they link them both under the same business login account?

That would be the only possible linking of either of those cards, since neither card can be linked to logins with personal cards.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:10 pm

I got the business card today in the mail and then activated it.

After that I tried to link it online to my Citibank account so I could message them about matching to the 60K offer.

I got a message saying that account cannot be linked right now.

Is there a problem linking a business card to your personal account ? I applied as a sole proprietor.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by rover4618
I got the business card today in the mail and then activated it.

After that I tried to link it online to my Citibank account so I could message them about matching to the 60K offer.

I got a message saying that account cannot be linked right now.

Is there a problem linking a business card to your personal account ? I applied as a sole proprietor.
Business and personal cards have to have separate accounts/logins.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:11 pm

Business and personal cards have to have separate accounts/logins.
Yup, one of Citi's IT perks. For the longest time I had a login for Hilton cards, a login for AA cards, a login for ThankYou cards, and a login for business cards. Luckily I can now have all personal cards on a single, new login.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Luckily I can now have all personal cards on a single, new login.
I wasn't aware of that. I thought Hilton cards still required a separate login. How did you get AA and HH cards on the same login?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by LWT3
I wasn't aware of that. I thought Hilton cards still required a separate login. How did you get AA and HH cards on the same login?
I'm like Superorb, my 3 AA cards and one Hilton are all on the same login account. I've never seen it any different, but I haven't even been playing this game for 2 years yet.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:59 am

I'm like Superorb, my 3 AA cards and one Hilton are all on the same login account. I've never seen it any different, but I haven't even been playing this game for 2 years yet.
When I got my first HH card back in 2014, I tried adding it to my AA login, and it wouldn't take. I called customer service thinking their IT folks could help, and they explained that the terms of Citi's agreement with Hilton mandated a separate website and login for HH cards for branding purposes. It was annoying, so I'm glad that's no longer the case.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
I have HH, AA ( gold, platinum and exec), Citi premier & prefered, even costco card all in one login.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.