Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by loganleelamson
I'm waiting for my 65 days between a Citi application for a personal card that I applied for in August, which is up this week.
I applied for a Citi Buisness card about a month ago though.

If I applied for both the 50K & 40K at the same time does that count as one application in the system or will only one get approved?
Did you do the two-browser trick? Any notice of approval/denial yet? Planning to try the two-browser trick myself for my next app-o-rama and just trying to get some data points on success rates with this method for these two cards.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Did you do the two-browser trick? Any notice of approval/denial yet? Planning to try the two-browser trick myself for my next app-o-rama and just trying to get some data points on success rates with this method for these two cards.
I applied for this card and the TY Premier 50k on the same day (the TY Premier I applied to by phone). Got both cards and only one credit pull.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I applied for the 50k offer back in August and got the card Sept. 1. I put it aside and didn't even think about the minimum spend, because I was working on other cards.

Now I was going to start with the spend tonight and I'm looking at my card and realizing that i only got approved for the reg. Visa and not the Signature. Any idea if this will affect the amount of bonus points I receive?

Also seeing as I only have 18000 Hilton points in my account, I'm wondering why I even got this card - 18000 + 50000 won't get me much in the way of Hilton rooms. Maybe it's worth just taking the credit hit on this one and not bothering to meet the min. spend.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: aa
For Chase I know that if you get a non-signature version you still get the full bonus. Don't know about Citi. If you have already taken the hit why not try to meet the minimum spend? Get a gift card at a B&M store (not online since Citi will code it as a cash advance) and unload it via payment processors.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:03 am

I applied for the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card as part of my first ever (delayed) app-o-rama. Last Thursday I applied for both Citi AA cards (Amex/Visa) and got approved instantly.

This Monday I applied for the Hilton (40k offer) and got a pending application. Today I was denied via email with "You have submitted multiple applications for credit."

My Experian has remained unchanged at 735 all month. Should I try reconsideration?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Bachovas
I applied for the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card as part of my first ever (delayed) app-o-rama. Last Thursday I applied for both Citi AA cards (Amex/Visa) and got approved instantly.

This Monday I applied for the Hilton (40k offer) and got a pending application. Today I was denied via email with "You have submitted multiple applications for credit."

My Experian has remained unchanged at 735 all month. Should I try reconsideration?
You can submit two applications with Citi every 60 days. So based on what you said, you got approved for both Citi AA cards last Thursday and then you applied on Monday for another Citi card.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by loganleelamson
You can submit two applications with Citi every 60 days. So based on what you said, you got approved for both Citi AA cards last Thursday and then you applied on Monday for another Citi card.
QFT. I'd only add that the "60-day rule" should be treated as more of a 62-65-day rule, since Citi sometimes counts to 60 in odd ways.

Also, I don't recall ever seeing a successful reconsideration request in such cases, so I'd advise Bachovas to accept the denial as immutable fact & sit tight for a couple months.

Also: welcome to FT, Bachovas!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:21 pm

Understood! Thank you for the welcome!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
just wonder if the 60 days gap only applies to the Citi personal cards? If I have just applied for the Citi AA Business Visa, can I still apply for two more Citi cards (the two Hilton Citi cards) now? Thanks for all the help
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
just wonder if the 60 days gap only applies to the Citi personal cards? If I have just applied for the Citi AA Business Visa, can I still apply for two more Citi cards (the two Hilton Citi cards) now? Thanks for all the help
it applies to all citi cards, i.e. biz card included.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
thanks so I assume I can apply for one more Citi card now. Just wonder if I have just applied for the Citi AA Business today, and now apply for the Hilton Citi Visa, will there be just one hit to my credit? If not, what I should have done in order to reduce the credit card to only once? Thanks again for all the help
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:38 am

thanks so I assume I can apply for one more Citi card now. Just wonder if I have just applied for the Citi AA Business today, and now apply for the Hilton Citi Visa, will there be just one hit to my credit? If not, what I should have done in order to reduce the credit card to only once? Thanks again for all the help
If you are applying on the same day I'm pretty sure that it will be combined. If they happen to not be combined there is nothing that you can do about it; applying in the manner that we do is more of a trick than a privilege.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:53 am

This will be two credit pulls. The business and personal card divisions are separate and show up as separate credit pulls. It's only if you apply for two personal cards on the same day that they will be combined.

But a business and personal app should go through if you do them simultaneously (two pulls). So you circumvent the citi 60-day rule but you don't get the two pulls combined.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by drbobguy
This will be two credit pulls. The business and personal card divisions are separate and show up as separate credit pulls. It's only if you apply for two personal cards on the same day that they will be combined.

But a business and personal app should go through if you do them simultaneously (two pulls). So you circumvent the citi 60-day rule but you don't get the two pulls combined.
Even two simultaneous personal apps with Citi can result in two pulls. Applied for Citi HH and Citi Premier in Aug. Got a pull from "Citibank NA" and another pull from "CBNA". I'm still trying to figure out why (and which cards) they use CBNA on some, and Citibank on others...
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
Even two simultaneous personal apps with Citi can result in two pulls. Applied for Citi HH and Citi Premier in Aug. Got a pull from "Citibank NA" and another pull from "CBNA". I'm still trying to figure out why (and which cards) they use CBNA on some, and Citibank on others...
Very interesting. I did the same two cards just last month and only had one pull total. Were yours from different agencies?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.