Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by booyaa
I, too, also got both the 40k and 50k Citi HH cards. 40k in June (before I found out about the 50k! Grr) and 50k last week. I also got the emails stating the bonuses like poster above. This card looks like its churnable, too bad the 50k link is no longer working.
What do you mean no longer working? I can still open it just now?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Happy
Oh oh my mistake. I tried yesterday and I believe earlier today too but it gave me error. Looks like its fine now.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
I know this is probably the highest offer from Citi so far, but Is it considered a huge offer? (seems like you could only redeem for 2 nights?) I will do my research and read up more on it. I normally stay at IHG properties, so I'm not as familiar with the program.

I was recently denied for the AA credit card (not a first time member), so I applied to the Amex Hilton card and got it. While I was at it, I decided to apply for this one too while I'm still working on the spend for the Sapphire card. I messed up and forgot that it's a Citi card and it hasn't been 60 days since my last application and was denied for that reason.

I have a good credit and was targeted (at least I received the email with the 50,000 points). I suppose I could appeal but don't want to raise more attention to my application since I'm already at 6 inquiries already. I just

figured I wait a bit while I work on other spend, and get this card in a couple of months. But if this is considered a big offer, I may want to reconsider...
I have been concentrating for 3 months on airline miles and just realized I will be needing a hotel room strategy soon.

You say good for 2 nights. Would I get 2 nights at say the
Hilton Istanbul ?

I wanted most of my work towards trips to Greece, but this piqued my interest in revisiting Istanbul

TIA
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I have been concentrating for 3 months on airline miles and just realized I will be needing a hotel room strategy soon.

You say good for 2 nights. Would I get 2 nights at say the
Hilton Istanbul ?

I wanted most of my work towards trips to Greece, but this piqued my interest in revisiting Istanbul

TIA
Go to HHonor Forum right on FT - you will find an excellently written Sticky to show you how HHonor redemption work.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:08 pm

Go to HHonor Forum right on FT - you will find an excellently written Sticky to show you how HHonor redemption work.
*blush*

That would be my 14-part handiwork, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hing-else.html
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Worse than fido

Happy my friend I just read the HH thread and looked up the Hilton in IST.

Site showed rooms from 40,000 HH points and when I clicked on it, it went to 270,000 per night.

At least with airline CC I can see tangible results . I E some work to get 100 K sky pesos that got me a direct JFK ATH J class for 100k miles + $80

A $2400-3000 ticket approx . HH would take as much time and effort to not get a $500 a night room .

Bad time/risk reward ratio IMHO

Unless I am missing something , I will concentrate on airline and MR miles, and pay for the hotels

Whew
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
*blush*

That would be my 14-part handiwork, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hing-else.html
My dear friend,

You have done an excellent job that the HHonor forum should be thankful for!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Happy my friend I just read the HH thread and looked up the Hilton in IST.

Site showed rooms from 40,000 HH points and when I clicked on it, it went to 270,000 per night.

At least with airline CC I can see tangible results . I E some work to get 100 K sky pesos that got me a direct JFK ATH J class for 100k miles + $80

A $2400-3000 ticket approx . HH would take as much time and effort to not get a $500 a night room .

Bad time/risk reward ratio IMHO

Unless I am missing something , I will concentrate on airline and MR miles, and pay for the hotels

Whew
I have no idea what you are talking about. I honestly believe you has inadvertently put in SEVERAL days in your dummy stay.

While HHonor award is inflated at the standard chart level, when redeemed at the AXON level it is acceptable, especially in expensive locations.

The HHonor standard award can be booked online. The AXON requires calling in to book, and it would not show online.

Seriously the 270,000 points must be for multiple days on one single booking - because even at Standard award, 4 nights at a Cat 7 (the highest tier before the specialty brands) only cost 200K. How would you get 270K if not being for many nights?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 pm

HHonors cannot be converted to air miles, but you can double dip when you stay at the hotel and earn 10 HHonors points for every $1 spent and also get air miles on every dollar spent. To my knowledge, its the only rewards program that allows you to do that.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:38 pm

Seriously the 270,000 points must be for multiple days on one single booking - because even at Standard award, 4 nights at a Cat 7 (the highest tier before the specialty brands) only cost 200K. How would you get 270K if not being for many nights?
Hilton's horrible new Premium Room Rewards pilot program, in which rooms only slightly better than standard rooms are priced at several multiples of the standard award point cost. Documented in depressing detail in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...oint-cash.html; some properties may have gamed this sytem by eliminating std rooms entirely.

The pilot is supposed to go wide in late September. Corporate had better step in, or this will be a disastrous unpublished devaluation.

(To keep things here on-topic, further discussion should go in the thread noted above. Thanks.)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Hilton's horrible new Premium Room Rewards pilot program, in which rooms only slightly better than standard rooms are priced at several multiples of the standard award point cost. Documented in depressing detail in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...oint-cash.html; some properties may have gamed this sytem by eliminating std rooms entirely.

The pilot is supposed to go wide in late September. Corporate had better step in, or this will be a disastrous unpublished devaluation.

(To keep things here on-topic, further discussion should go in the thread noted above. Thanks.)
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of that. HHonor always seems inflated to me even with the old scheme. This new scheme looks horrible. I would imagine if this become system-wide with no safeguard for the abuse from individual properties that would drive many high-spending customers away.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of that. HHonor always seems inflated to me even with the old scheme. This new scheme looks horrible. I would imagine if this become system-wide with no safeguard for the abuse from individual properties that would drive many high-spending customers away.
well when I first read this and the above post I thought for a sec you guys were talking about my experience at the Hilton Arc du triomphe in Paris. Nice place, crisp, cool, chique, etc... nice staff... but they didnt really do much at ALL for Diamonds! All we did get was use of the lounge with the food, snacks, and internet, which only worked IN that lounge. No pool, sauna or anything else. It was if anything a devalued experience although I must say I did enjoy the stay anyway. I just actually did expect more, what with the diamond status and all.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
well when I first read this and the above post I thought for a sec you guys were talking about my experience at the Hilton Arc du triomphe in Paris. Nice place, crisp, cool, chique, etc... nice staff... but they didnt really do much at ALL for Diamonds! All we did get was use of the lounge with the food, snacks, and internet, which only worked IN that lounge. No pool, sauna or anything else. It was if anything a devalued experience although I must say I did enjoy the stay anyway. I just actually did expect more, what with the diamond status and all.
I dont believe you have a clue what we are talking about... we are not talking about any status recognition or whatnot. We are talking about HUGE unpublished devaluation of HHonor points in many properties.

The unpublished devaluation comes in the form of properties eliminate all standard rooms and make award only available with "premium" or "plus" rooms - go check how many points it cost to book a single night at Hilton ADT location. See for yourself how much now it costs.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I dont believe you have a clue what we are talking about... we are not talking about any status recognition or whatnot. We are talking about HUGE unpublished devaluation of HHonor points in many properties.

The unpublished devaluation comes in the form of properties eliminate all standard rooms and make award only available with "premium" or "plus" rooms - go check how many points it cost to book a single night at Hilton ADT location. See for yourself how much now it costs.
I do not. I was also being sarcastic. But you can see that I said, "well when I first read this and the above post I thought for a sec you guys were talking about my experience at XXX..."

I did not go on to say--and perhaps I should have--"...but yes it seems there are some interesting other unpublished options out there..."

and so now I shall add:

But yes, yes it seems there are some interesting other unpublished options out there! I must explore these!

MM
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I do not. I was also being sarcastic. But you can see that I said, "well when I first read this and the above post I thought for a sec you guys were talking about my experience at XXX..."

I did not go on to say--and perhaps I should have--"...but yes it seems there are some interesting other unpublished options out there..."

and so now I shall add:

But yes, yes it seems there are some interesting other unpublished options out there! I must explore these!

MM
By paying more than 100% of points for may be the same room in the old scheme.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16940111-post88.html

105K to 113K a night at Paris ADT - how about that?

Or PETERNYC found out it costs 270K a night at Hilton Istanbul and that is what got us talking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.