Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by aresay
Applied using two browsers tonight. Both got a pending decision. May call status line tomorrow.
Called 866 606-2787 this afternoon. I was only asked one question -- why I was applying for 2 cards. I told him one was mostly for purchases for my wife, the other for me. Both were approved on the spot.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
This is not necessarily true. Here is a hypothetical scenario:
  1. The best offer is 40k. You open it in IE thinking you'll apply. This saves the "cookie" in your browser.
  2. At the last second, you decide to wait and close the browser.
  3. Then you see a 50k offer and open it in IE.
  4. The cookie from your original visit is still in memory, and for some reason it overrides the higher application amount.

My suspicion is, something like that happens for the rare occasions when people swear they opened the higher offer but later receive the lower offer.

Just closing the browser and reopening it won't generally clear a cookie. But InPrivate will explicitly ignore anything from previous sessions.
But the person who suggest InPrivate was only suggesting for the second app. So in their scenario (open IE, do the first app normally, open InPriveate, do the second app), the same potential issue you suggested would happen for the first app.

So my question is:

How can you use InPrivate to do two apps at the same time (filling them out concurrently), keeping them both independent of each other, and keeping both of them independent of your previous sessions? The previous poster only suggested InPrivate as a method to keep the cookies out of the non-InPrivatge session. If you open InPrivate, and then open another tab in the InPrivate window, are the cookies from the two InPrivate tabs in the same window kept from each other? (That is what using two completely different types of browsers does.) Or do you have to go back to the original browser and open a second InPrivate window to accomplish this?

(In my case, I tend to my app page research at work, and the actual apps at home, so I tend not to have visisted other app pages on either of my browsers at home before applying for whatever I really want to apply for.)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
How can you use InPrivate to do two apps at the same time (filling them out concurrently), keeping them both independent of each other, and keeping both of them independent of your previous sessions?
You're reaching the limit of my technical knowledge. However, what I'll say is: the most certain way of ensuring things work out how you want is to use an InPrivate window for one app and a Chrome Incognito window for the other - in other words, the "private" browsing function of two different types of browsers.

If you handle the situation that way, it may take a little more effort, but you have the best chance of success.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:20 am

Could you share your experiences on how long it took for the 50,000 points to post to your Hilton Honors account once you completed your $1500 spend?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:26 am

Open two inprivate windows (not tabs). Go back to your non-inprivate window and repeat the same process as you used to open your first one, to open a second one. tools ->inprivate browsing.

Now you have two windows that are independent of one another.

It's easy to test. Login to your gmail account on one, and click remember password. Go to gmail.com on the other. It will have no clue who you are.

On the other hand, you can do one app in inprivate and on app out of inprivate too. That was the original objective -- to separate the apps. If you have a reason you want two inprivate apps instead, you can follow the above.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But the person who suggest InPrivate was only suggesting for the second app. So in their scenario (open IE, do the first app normally, open InPriveate, do the second app), the same potential issue you suggested would happen for the first app.

So my question is:

How can you use InPrivate to do two apps at the same time (filling them out concurrently), keeping them both independent of each other, and keeping both of them independent of your previous sessions? The previous poster only suggested InPrivate as a method to keep the cookies out of the non-InPrivatge session. If you open InPrivate, and then open another tab in the InPrivate window, are the cookies from the two InPrivate tabs in the same window kept from each other? (That is what using two completely different types of browsers does.) Or do you have to go back to the original browser and open a second InPrivate window to accomplish this?

(In my case, I tend to my app page research at work, and the actual apps at home, so I tend not to have visisted other app pages on either of my browsers at home before applying for whatever I really want to apply for.)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:39 am

I want to apply for two of these cards, but I need some help.

I currently have 4 Citi personal cards (2 AA, 1 Forward, and I'm an AU on another) and 1 Citi AA Business card. I think if I apply for these two, I'll get denied for having too many Citi cards.
What do you think my best course of action would be? Should I close my AA personal AMEX or the AA Business card? Or do you think they will just let me shift credit around?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Jennsaint
Could you share your experiences on how long it took for the 50,000 points to post to your Hilton Honors account once you completed your $1500 spend?
Within 1-3 days after your statement issues. (The statement period in which you meet your spend.)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Will 2 Citi Apps of different kinds (AA biz and HH personal) consolidate to 1 inquiry or only 2 of the same type?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Will 2 Citi Apps of different kinds (AA biz and HH personal) consolidate to 1 inquiry or only 2 of the same type?
Biz and personal do not consolidate
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:24 pm

I applied for 2x Citi HH cards via OP's link last week and was instantly approved for both. The site linked doesn't explicitly say 50K pts for $1500/6 mo spend, but people seem to be confirming this. Anyway, When I log into my HH website, there's an icon with "my" Citi HH card saying that I can get 40K pts with it. I haven't gotten my physical CC yet, but I'm worried that my card will only get me 40K rather than 50K pts. Anybody else notice this on their HH account?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:16 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fr33b13
I currently have 4 Citi personal cards (2 AA, 1 Forward, and I'm an AU on another) and 1 Citi AA Business card. I think if I apply for these two, I'll get denied for having too many Citi cards.
Why do you think that?

Keep in mind, if you close an account, that credit line does not necessarily become available for another card immediately. So you might cause as many problems as you solve, if you cancel proactively.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Why do you think that?

Keep in mind, if you close an account, that credit line does not necessarily become available for another card immediately. So you might cause as many problems as you solve, if you cancel proactively.
Guess I'll just try to apply and see what happens.

Edit: I tried and MDtr-Chicago, you were right. I was approved for my first one and then the CSR had to reallocate some of my credit from another card. Thanks for the help!

I read that these Hilton cards are churnable every 90 days. Is that still true or are they like the AA cards and I need to wait ~18months?

Last edited by fr33b13; Oct 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: DL
I am trying to figure out the best offer available for both the Amex and Citi brand of the Hilton Honors credit card. Can someone post the links to the very best offers one can get for these cards? Some sort of link consolidation would be great, I think. Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoelTR
I am trying to figure out the best offer available for both the Amex and Citi brand of the Hilton Honors credit card. Can someone post the links to the very best offers one can get for these cards? Some sort of link consolidation would be great, I think. Thanks.
Did you look at the initial post in each of the 2 threads?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Did you look at the initial post in each of the 2 threads?
I actually did. But, in this thread, for example, the link given in the first post:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BN3dPJB8bEAPl2

takes you to an application with no mention of any sort of bonus in it. It would be a big leap of faith for me to apply for a credit card where I don't even see the bonus in the application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.