Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:08 am

I just received a slightly different targeted offer

Mine is for 40,000 points with a $1000 spend. Was considering this but screw them. If there is a 50000 offer out there I want that one, not a watered down one. Plus after the bait and switch deal I went through on the AA Citi card I really don't like doing business with them. They are a PITA. Chase on the other hand is a pleasure to work with.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toddreg
I just received a slightly different targeted offer

Mine is for 40,000 points with a $1000 spend.
No, you didn't. The 40k offer for $1000 spend is a public offer, not a targeted offer, with an actual public landing page (which the 50k offer doesn't have, because it's targeted). See discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...us-points.html

40k offer public landing page is here:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-...ignature-card/

So you didn't receive a different targeted offer, you didn't receive a targeted offer at all.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:19 pm

If I was approved for both Citi Visa and Amex cards over the weekend, would I have any difficulties getting this card today? Or would Citi find there to be a problem...

*edit #1 - application received it says.

Last edited by factory81; Jul 21, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
I was just approved for the offer in post#1

I did NOT receive the targeted email and applied for the 50k HH points for $1500 spend in 6 months offer using the link in post #1.

Just received the email that I was approved for the card. Called and confirmed the 50k offer with the Citibank rep.

Thanks OP!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Question Any Issues if I have Amex Surpass?

May be rhetorical, but will there be a problem receiving bonus points from Citi if I already recently received bonus points from Amex? OP link still working although terms are not displayed.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by pete4abw
May be rhetorical, but will there be a problem receiving bonus points from Citi if I already recently received bonus points from Amex?
No problem whatsoever. Bon appetit!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I cant even recall

is this thing a $1,000 spend or a $1,500 spend to get the 50k HH bonus?
I have spent $775 on it thus far

First card I have done 'normal' spending on since the demise of coins hahaha
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
is this thing a $1,000 spend or a $1,500 spend to get the 50k HH bonus?
$1500 / 6 months.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
$1500 / 6 months.
thanks
will make it easy
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
link still good as of 8/12, thx!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

have completed the spend.
actually did it with 'normal' spending hahaha
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:34 am

I applied for this card on 8/7 along with the other Citi 40k HHonors Visa and was approved for both about a week later. I just received welcome emails for both confirming the bonus and spend requirements were in fact there and different:

"Plus, you will earn 50,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you make $1,500 in purchases in the first 6 months of account opening!" for the 50k card
"Plus, you will earn 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you make $1,000 in purchases in the first 4 months of account opening!" for the 40k card

I also applied for the 2 Hawaiian 35k (convertible into 70k HHonors points each) cards and the 50k HHonors Amex all on the same day. So all in all, i should hopefully receive 280k HHonors points after this churn. Not bad for 3 pulls (combined) and 3 no annual fee cards.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

job well done mate!!

I too got the HA cards but will use the miles instead of converting to HH. And I only got one citi--the 50k one. I have made the spend and await the miles.

Good for you though!

This is not a churn however... it was just good CC use and so the churn would be if you could cancel them and do it all again! woo hoo

Originally Posted by IAkH
I applied for this card on 8/7 along with the other Citi 40k HHonors Visa and was approved for both about a week later. I just received welcome emails for both confirming the bonus and spend requirements were in fact there and different:

"Plus, you will earn 50,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you make $1,500 in purchases in the first 6 months of account opening!" for the 50k card
"Plus, you will earn 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you make $1,000 in purchases in the first 4 months of account opening!" for the 40k card

I also applied for the 2 Hawaiian 35k (convertible into 70k HHonors points each) cards and the 50k HHonors Amex all on the same day. So all in all, i should hopefully receive 280k HHonors points after this churn. Not bad for 3 pulls (combined) and 3 no annual fee cards.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
I, too, also got both the 40k and 50k Citi HH cards. 40k in June (before I found out about the 50k! Grr) and 50k last week. I also got the emails stating the bonuses like poster above. This card looks like its churnable.

Last edited by booyaa; Aug 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm Reason: link is still working.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:14 pm

Any word if the citi hilton cards are churnable, and if so possible frequencies?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.