Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Citi is changing the formatting of their apps. The new format is rather strange. You must fill in the first line of the app (your name) before the next line of the app "opens" for you to fill in. Then the line for phone number opens. Fill that in, and the line for email address opens.
OK, so far so good.

A landing page, and an app with the new format, is now available directly from Citi thru their website. The offer is still 2 free weekend nights, with 4 months to do a minimum spend of $2500. The non-waived fee is $95.00

I searched carefully thru both the landing page, and the new app, looking for the sort of language that Citi put in their reformatted app for the AA EXEC card. Namely that if you have one open, or have had one open within the last 18 months, you do not qualify for a bonus. AFAIK, that 18 month limit is not in either the new landing page nor the new app.
Wrong thread; this is for the regular Visa, not the Reserve. Have a link for Citi Hilton Visa better than 40K?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
OK, so far so good.

Wrong thread; this is for the regular Visa, not the Reserve. Have a link for Citi Hilton Visa better than 40K?
This stinks I just did an AOR today and wanted to get this one in as I'm in need of hilton points for an upcoming trip.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
This stinks I just did an AOR today and wanted to get this one in as I'm in need of hilton points for an upcoming trip.
You can apply for the 40K and chances are ( I am 2 for 2 asking to have the bonus matched) if a better offer is available when you receive the card Citi will match it.

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...signature-card
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
You can apply for the 40K and chances are ( I am 2 for 2 asking to have the bonus matched) if a better offer is available when you receive the card Citi will match it.

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...signature-card
Yeah, I was actually thinking this since the landing page is still up.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Deleted

Last edited by Brugge; Oct 1, 2014 at 10:47 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:49 am

Look what I just found...

Deleted

Last edited by Brugge; Oct 1, 2014 at 10:46 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:04 am

If you haven't looked lately, the Wiki has a zombie link for 50K again.

Last edited by Brugge; Oct 1, 2014 at 10:52 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I would give it a few extra days. You know the "no more than 2 cards in any 65 day period" rule? It's 65 days because Citi claims 60 days but has denied people after 62 or 63 days, so we had to pad it from Citi's official claim to make it work reliably.

So I would recommend padding a few days beyond any possible interpretation of "6 months".
I am impatient and did not wait. Applied for the Citi HH 2 days ago. Received application ID to call in and was approved.

This is my 8th HP from Experian within the last 6 months.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by metoo
I am impatient and did not wait. Applied for the Citi HH 2 days ago. Received application ID to call in and was approved.

This is my 8th HP from Experian within the last 6 months.
^

So good to know. After getting denied in May I guess I got too worried about HPs with Citi. Now I'm getting encouraged to open things back up a bit.

Thanks again....
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:13 am

Second 60K posted without calling

I got the first Citi 60K HH card in June, bonus posted in July.
I got the second Citi 60K HH card in the end of August and the bonus posted October 4, along with the normal miles.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
If you haven't looked lately, the Wiki has a zombie link for 50K again.
Datapoint: I applied using this zombie link on 1 October. Both the paper "account approval" letter and another accompanying the actual card confirm the 50K bonus after $1k spending in 4 months.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by st1575
Datapoint: I applied using this zombie link on 1 October. Both the paper "account approval" letter and another accompanying the actual card confirm the 50K bonus after $1k spending in 4 months.
Post devaluation, we both need lots of these cards to stay for free in Europe next summer. Love that they are no AF and so churnable.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:08 pm

Anyone else still waiting on their 60k (or some other amount) bonus to post? It's been more than a month since Citi reported my two 60k spend bonuses to Hilton, and so far after three cases, two calls to Citi, and numerous calls to Hilton only one of the bonuses posted.

Apparently been forwarded now to some ombudsman from Citi that interacts with Hilton. Hilton's research team is grossly incompetent when it comes to sorting through multiple bonuses.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by westmassexpat
Anyone else still waiting on their 60k (or some other amount) bonus to post? It's been more than a month since Citi reported my two 60k spend bonuses to Hilton, and so far after three cases, two calls to Citi, and numerous calls to Hilton only one of the bonuses posted.

Apparently been forwarded now to some ombudsman from Citi that interacts with Hilton. Hilton's research team is grossly incompetent when it comes to sorting through multiple bonuses.

I don't think anyone had trouble with their first 60K. I avoided the BS and applied for a 50k ( after I had 60K post) and asked Citi to match the 60K offer. It posted as 10k and 50K with no issues.

GL
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I don't think anyone had trouble with their first 60K. I avoided the BS and applied for a 50k ( after I had 60K post) and asked Citi to match the 60K offer. It posted as 10k and 50K with no issues.

GL
Item #2 of the wiki is an unfortunate memorial to some of our trials having the bonus show up. It seems most were resolved in late September (including one of mine)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.