Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

TYP flight redemption: Prestige $0.0133 - $0.016/pt until 7/2017, Premier $0.0125/pt.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Prestige cardholders: the current value of points is $0.016 if redeemed for flights on American Airlines, or $0.0133 on other airlines.

The redemption value on all airlines changes to $0.0125, on July 23, 2017. This is the same value as Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire Preferred. Discussion is in this thread:

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes

If the TYP portal is not showing the lowest fares you've identified on Google, an OTA, or the airline directly -- call Citi TYP and then ask to get Connexions on the line. Doesn't cost extra to do book that way....but will take longer and manual bookings will NOT show up in your TYP MyTrips tab.

TYP portal pricing should be verified for every flight, it cannot be trusted to show the lowest fare. Also scroll over all the way, since some carriers are not on the main screen, and may have lower fares/points than their preferred carriers.
Print Wikipost

TYP flight redemption: Prestige $0.0133 - $0.016/pt until 7/2017, Premier $0.0125/pt.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Continental, USAir
its still working

use it while you can
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:03 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Interesting data point but mine differs. I have made two bookings. One a domestic OW on Delta in B class that instantly appeared on Delta.com and as changeable online (full B fare rules). I could also grab a receipt on Delta.com and it has their last 4 digits of a CC. Same experience buying a OW on VX - came up on VirginAmerica.com right away and looked just as if I bought it anywhere else.

Originally Posted by jeelele
I have made a few redemptions in the last 7-10 days including 3 in last 3 days. Have redeemed points on JetBlue, DL, AA, AS, BA, AF and LH. Ticket price ranged from ~ $50 to $1000 and none of these tickets show the fare paid. I tried calling B6 and DL directly for a small change to the itinerary and they both asked me to contact the booking agency as these are bulk fares and they do not see the fare paid for the tickets.

Luckily, these redemptions were for family and not for business travel. It might be difficult to claim these redemptions for reimbursememts for business travel as there is no Airline receipt showing the fare paid.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by daveland
Interesting data point but mine differs. I have made two bookings. One a domestic OW on Delta in B class that instantly appeared on Delta.com and as changeable online (full B fare rules). I could also grab a receipt on Delta.com and it has their last 4 digits of a CC. Same experience buying a OW on VX - came up on VirginAmerica.com right away and looked just as if I bought it anywhere else.
If this is the case, time for the old buy, cancel, and keep the credit deal.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, United, Continental, USAir
Originally Posted by iloveipods
If this is the case, time for the old buy, cancel, and keep the credit deal.
the issue here is that the 25% free is nice, but it isn't the free lunch that the fixed point redemption was

I guess you could try to find a 10k fare, get the voucher and get close to 2500 free

but it still would take $7500 out of pocket, and of course assumption of the risk that it would not work...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:56 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Definitely not the deal it was in the old TY days. Sure, you can overbuy and get the voucher - if you think this is going away soon - but you do have the issue of voucher expiry depending on airline and knowing how much to buy... since you are *paying* the other 75% out of pocket.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I am trying to buy WN tickets through the TYN portal now, and can get to the 25% off pricing page. Each time I click through to payment, the flights become "no longer available" - every single one.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:33 am

same here, just adding to Cart, gets an error. Flights no longer available.

tryna save 1000bux for trip to mnl.. ughhhh. i hope it's still on.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:48 am

You could call the TYP helpline and ask them to help check availability for you - as long as you don't mention the 25% discount, ft-ers won't yell at you =P. Booked tatls for 25% off yesterday ~4pm so it was still available then.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Too many to list
The flights I was looking at yesterday seem to have lost the 25% discount.

Cash price on Kayak is the same, so they might be correcting the bug...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
anyone know if you book multiple tickets at a time, if it puts everyone on the same PNR, or if it creates a separate one for each ticket? it asks for everyone's email address, when typically you'd only need to input it for one person.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by y2chen
anyone know if you book multiple tickets at a time, if it puts everyone on the same PNR, or if it creates a separate one for each ticket? it asks for everyone's email address, when typically you'd only need to input it for one person.
Same PNR if all the passengers are being checked out on the same itinerary.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
nevermind. it put everyone on the same PNR. i did use the same email address for everyone though, don't know if that made a difference or not.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
nevermind. it put everyone on the same PNR. i did use the same email address for everyone though, don't know if that made a difference or not.
Email address is irrelevant.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:32 pm

it seems to let me add to the cart if I add a simple RT. dfw-mnl
It's not letting me do a Multi City, which is the same route as RT, just wanted a 4day stop in ICN.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
The flights I was looking at yesterday seem to have lost the 25% discount.

Cash price on Kayak is the same, so they might be correcting the bug...

Just checked and its allowing me the 25% discount. I get the feeling that this will be a feature of the program rather than a promo or a system glitch. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.