Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

TYN Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions new travel redemption partner [Merged]

Old Jan 11, 11, 11:13 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAMM; UA Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club

Per a Fatwallet post Expedia is now officially dead - redemption is now through Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/596403/
Old Jan 11, 11, 11:20 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
This is the new online redemption site:

https://travel.thankyou.com/
Old Jan 11, 11, 11:53 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by jamflyer View Post
Per a Fatwallet post Expedia is now officially dead - redemption is now through Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/596403/
I like the change so far. Option to redeem for AA flights, no booking fee and option to redeem on WN. ^
Old Jan 11, 11, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
What a relief to have AA back! Great news.
Old Jan 11, 11, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA:1MM
the ~600 point expedia fee for airline tickets also appears to be gone. (per a cursory check)

Last edited by virmaior; Jan 11, 11 at 1:07 pm Reason: a-aing too much in original post
Old Jan 11, 11, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jeelele View Post
option to redeem on WN. ^
WN redemption was a poor value on the flight I priced out, a $134 flight for 23K points.
Old Jan 11, 11, 5:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAMM; UA Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
wow....you also have the option to use points and/or cash, a major improvement i would say. ^

Select Payment Option(s):Price Per TicketQuantityTotal DuePoints + Cash+ Fees1 Ticket(s)Points + Cash+ Fees Air Reward + 0 1 20,800 Points Pay in Cash $207.80 0 1 $207.80

Also this seems new:
Share your Citi® ThankYou Points with your friends and family! Now you can combine your ThankYou Points to redeem them for something you want even faster. Or you can transfer your ThankYou Points as a gift to another member. All with ThankYou Transfer Points.*
I got to poke around more, some stuff seem to be missing.

Last edited by jamflyer; Jan 11, 11 at 6:00 pm
Old Jan 11, 11, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
wow....you also have the option to use points and/or cash, a major improvement i would say.
Wow. Very nice improvement
Old Jan 11, 11, 7:27 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by virmaior View Post
the ~600 point expedia fee for airline tickets also appears to be gone. (per a cursory check)
Finally!!!
Old Jan 11, 11, 7:46 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
wow....you also have the option to use points and/or cash, a major improvement i would say. ^

Select Payment Option(s):Price Per TicketQuantityTotal DuePoints + Cash+ Fees1 Ticket(s)Points + Cash+ Fees Air Reward + 0 1 20,800 Points Pay in Cash $207.80 0 1 $207.80

Also this seems new:
Share your Citi® ThankYou Points with your friends and family! Now you can combine your ThankYou Points to redeem them for something you want even faster. Or you can transfer your ThankYou Points as a gift to another member. All with ThankYou Transfer Points.*
Excellent news about sharing/transferring points. ^

https://www.thankyou.com/transferPoints.jspx

Start sharing your ThankYou Points today. All you need to begin is:

•The recipient's full name
•The recipient's ThankYou Member Account Number or corresponding Credit Card or Checking Account Number*
•The number of points you want to transfer**

*Citi® ThankYou Points can only be transferred to another ThankYou Member Account.
**Once points are transferred, recipients will have 90 days to redeem them before they expire.
Old Jan 11, 11, 7:54 pm

Also this seems new:

This has some interesting opportunities.
(1) Transferred points expire in 90 days.
(2) If the points get refunded, the still expire at that original 90 day mark
(3) cannot transfer points from banking or if they lock them down for some other reason.
Old Jan 12, 11, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laurajoyce View Post
Wow. Very nice improvement
Does that mean you can redeem your points to cash? I am confused.
Old Jan 13, 11, 4:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Does that mean you can redeem your points to cash? I am confused.

If you are redeeming points for a trip that cost for example 45,000 points, and you only have 40,000 points, you can pay for the difference in cash - in this case $50. Incidentally, you can also pay for that same trip using cash only.

They currently have the cash option which you are referring to - not sure if this is new but definately not at a good return.
Old Jan 13, 11, 10:39 am

I tried to price a trip and it's not showing all the options. Is the provider as robust as Expedia? It's not showing nonstop flights from CO.
Old Jan 13, 11, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mntblue View Post
I tried to price a trip and it's not showing all the options. Is the provider as robust as Expedia? It's not showing nonstop flights from CO.
they don't appear to be as robust as expedia in terms of hotel bookings. I didn't do a thorough enough check on airifares to see if they don't show everything. Have you tried being *very* precise in terms of departure times, etc. to see if it just isn't very good at showing alternatives (rather than not being able to find the inventory)?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: