Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citibank's credit card 'Virtual Account Numbers': anyone having issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citibank's credit card 'Virtual Account Numbers': anyone having issues?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zantaine
I'm having the same exact problem. I've had my Citi AMEX card canceled for over a year now, but it still shows up online. (It reflects its been canceled though) How exactly did you decouple the AMEX? Thank you in advance!
Canceled accounts do not drop off by themselves. You have to delete them from your online access.

Go to your Account Profile and at Make Change screen you have the option to delete accounts.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Canceled accounts do not drop off by themselves. You have to delete them from your online access.

Go to your Account Profile and at Make Change screen you have the option to delete accounts.
Perfect! Worked like a charm, thank you very much Happy!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:20 am
HCA

I also have to change my default account to not-Citi AMEX in my profile for my VAN to work. Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
VAN seems to be down today, anyone having same issue?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:16 pm

Down for me today, both versions.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:13 pm

Been down for me the past two days as well. Seems to be a server issue on their end, although being down for two days seems odd. Anyone else know what's up?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:48 pm

Smile This is how to get your Citibank Virtual Credit Card numbers working again.

I called customer service and they have discontinued the download version, said they were having problems with it.

You do not need the download version anyway. And you don’t need to log in to your account before using the web version.

This link is all you need to log in to the Virtual Account Numbers. Make sure you copy the entire link from your browser NOT from this post.

https://www.accountonline.com/Athena...and=Citi&token

When using the link you MUST make sure you have https:// Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) in front of the www. if not you will get a broken link. It's a secure sight so you have to have it.

For the Sceptic just so you can verify the link above…
  1. Log in to your account like normal. In the search- top right corner type in Virtual account numbers.
  2. Now about the 7th item down will look like this. (below)

If I am already a user of Citi Credit Card's Virtual Account Number feature, how can I access that tool?
Log in at www.virtualaccountnumbers.citicards.com. Or, if you downloaded the Virtual Account Number application to your computer, launch it and enter your Citi Cards Citi Online User ID and Password.
  1. Go to www.virtualaccountnumbers.citicards.com and login .
  2. You will see this. (below)

Web-based Version

Launch the web-based version from our website if:
• You want to use Virtual Account Numbers at work or from multiple computers.
• You want to copy and paste your Virtual Account Number and billing information into the merchant's checkout form.
• You want to use the tool from a Macintosh or non-Windows operating system.

After you click on Launch there will be three steps to complete then the familiar credit card will pop up in your browser. Check the link in your browser, it will match the one at the beginning of this post. I have tested the link in Chrome, FireFox and Safari (PC only) and HTC smartphone Android. I used the bookmark app for android, emailed the link to myself then did a copy-paste into a New bookmark.

Link again. https://https://www.accountonline.co...and=Citi&token

Please feel free to email me if you are having trouble. Hope this helps...

Last edited by twilock; Dec 17, 2012 at 7:01 pm Reason: adding full length and changes in RED
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Still getting the same message through your link.
"Sorry, we are unable to connect to server at this time. Please try again later."

Been going on for 3 months now, even through the browser and the posted link.

For what its worth, I tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:40 pm

works for me though. I successfully generated a new number last weekend.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:15 pm

Allanfan, How many accounts show in your profile and which browser are you using??

The last time I spoke to Citi about this problem I have had since September they said to be patient till Nov. 18th by when they expect this "Known" issue to be resolved

But their Tech Team is the worst in the entire banking business (of the big banks) on both the Credit AND the Banking side (I have been promised resolution phone calls on numerous occasions, but no one ever calls.)

I think only this forum will finally be able to resolve my problem which first started in September.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:06 pm

I'm using the download version, not browser version.

The account is my Forward card.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:16 pm

The Download version hasn't worked for me either the last few months. That's what I have always used for the last 3-4 years. But with the recent issues I thought my only resolution would be using the browser versions.

Have tried all the above suggestions and deleted old/lost etc. accounts. Still no cigar. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!

###

Last edited by ThunderStorm00; Dec 12, 2012 at 9:31 pm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:46 pm

ThunderStorm00, Please check the following again. When checking the link make sure you have the https:// Must have the s. Hope this helps you..

Last edited by mia; Dec 18, 2012 at 8:32 am Reason: Removed repetition of post #21
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by allanfan
I'm using the download version, not browser version.

The account is my Forward card.
The download version has been deprecated by Citibank. That's what the email they sent out said. You can't use it anymore, though it's supposed to redirect you to the web based version according to their email.

Nonetheless ...

Use the web version. It's very easy to use. Log in to your account as you do normally via your web browser, then select the benefits and services tab, then select enroll in/get virtual account numbers.

If you have a pop-up blocker, you will need to either disable it or manually open the blocked pop-up window for virtual account numbers. You will need to log in again in the virtual account number pop-up. You can view your virtual account numbers and/or create new ones, etc.

I haven't tried the direct link method published by twilock above. That might work for you also. ETA, I tried it, and twilock's second link has https in their twice, but if you copy it and remove the extra "https//" it takes you directly to the virtual account web app login right in that browser tab, so you don't need to worry about the pop-up blocker I guess.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 19, 2012 at 4:28 am
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:26 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
yea ive had the virtual account portal bookmarked for a long time. so i dont have to go through the citi page anymore. just go to citi site one time and go through all the steps to open it and then bookmark the portal page.

when you go straight to the portal sometimes the first login try gives an error but the second try works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.