CITI Price Rewind

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer

correct.
Is this confirmed?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by lovesfashion
Assume the 1000k/year for price protection starts Jan 1, 2019, correct?
You don't really mean 1000k do you?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Nick92
Is this confirmed?
yes.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:24 pm

I have not used Price Rewind before but have a Citi Card with the benefit. Does Citi accept coupons in the price match?

Would Citi accept this as a price match?
1) I buy an item from a US website with tax (total = $174 = $160 for product + $14 in tax + free shipping).
2) There is a UK website that ships to the US. They sell the same item for $105 and have a coupon that takes $20 off, so it would cost me $85 if I were to order from UK site. There is no tax or shipping fees on the UK site. The UK site shows prices in USD.
3) If I take a screen shot of the UK website cart that shows the final price, including the coupon, of $80, would I be reimbursed for $160 - $85 = $75? Or would I just be reimbursed for the difference without the coupon, which would be $60?

Also, I assume Citi does not refund the difference in taxes (e.g. if tax were 8.75%, they do not reimburse you for 8.75% of the base price difference). Is this correct?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by travels007
I....
1) I buy an item from a US website with tax (total = $174 = $160 for product + $14 in tax + free shipping).....
Taxes and shipping are irrelevant:

The price comparison must be based only on sale price, not including taxes, shipping and handling, delivery costs, warranties or any other charges
https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:30 pm

Two recent observations, not sure if anyone else has also experienced this:
  1. All of my price rewinds since the change in terms have come in the form of a check, vs. a credit to the account.
  2. If you can't find the product on the Citi Price Rewind website, you used to be able to open a price rewind manually. Now if the item is not found on the website, you are told to call in.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by andyli
Two recent observations, not sure if anyone else has also experienced this:
  1. All of my price rewinds since the change in terms have come in the form of a check, vs. a credit to the account.
  2. If you can't find the product on the Citi Price Rewind website, you used to be able to open a price rewind manually. Now if the item is not found on the website, you are told to call in.
Same I get checks now which is a pain; even when selecting credit. But I still see the "Start a request" where you just enter the info manually same as before
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:23 pm

I continue to get "no lower price found" when the item was purchased on Amazon, and the price drops on Amazon and remains at a lower price for multiple days within the review period.

I can only assume its intentional
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
I continue to get "no lower price found" when the item was purchased on Amazon, and the price drops on Amazon and remains at a lower price for multiple days within the review period.

I can only assume its intentional
I've made several dozen (if not 100+) price rewind claims. I've never seen it even bother to search Amazon. If you see an eligible price on Amazon lower than Citi can find, you'll need to submit documentation of that price yourself.
AbyssalLoris and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by CarefulBuilder14
I've made several dozen (if not 100+) price rewind claims. I've never seen it even bother to search Amazon. If you see an eligible price on Amazon lower than Citi can find, you'll need to submit documentation of that price yourself.
Yup, but its a pain though. The whole selling point is that it is automated. Checking Amazon is incredibly easy, there are even websites devoted to tracking Amazon price changes.

For my most recent one it is a $2 change so I wont even bother.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by CarefulBuilder14
How much have you earned back from Price Rewind over the years?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by travels007
I have not used Price Rewind before but have a Citi Card with the benefit. Does Citi accept coupons in the price match?

Would Citi accept this as a price match?
1) I buy an item from a US website with tax (total = $174 = $160 for product + $14 in tax + free shipping).
2) There is a UK website that ships to the US. They sell the same item for $105 and have a coupon that takes $20 off, so it would cost me $85 if I were to order from UK site. There is no tax or shipping fees on the UK site. The UK site shows prices in USD.
3) If I take a screen shot of the UK website cart that shows the final price, including the coupon, of $80, would I be reimbursed for $160 - $85 = $75? Or would I just be reimbursed for the difference without the coupon, which would be $60?

Also, I assume Citi does not refund the difference in taxes (e.g. if tax were 8.75%, they do not reimburse you for 8.75% of the base price difference). Is this correct?
Were you successful getting a price rewind from a UK website? I'd like to do the same, with lower price evidence from European vendor FarFetch.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:13 am

Is anyone else having problems submitting a citi price rewind claim on their website? Up until a few days ago I had no issues. Then a couple days ago it wouldn't let me submit a $6 claim. I just tried again for a different $4 claim and it gives me the error below. I checked and I am not close to the $1,000 annual limit, and like I said it's only a $4 claim. Is the website down or do you have to call them now?

System Error

We're sorry, but there is a problem with your request. Please try again, or contact technical support at 1-866-918-46701-866-918-4670.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by outspokenAZ
Is anyone else having problems submitting a citi price rewind claim on their website? Up until a few days ago I had no issues. Then a couple days ago it wouldn't let me submit a $6 claim. I just tried again for a different $4 claim and it gives me the error below. I checked and I am not close to the $1,000 annual limit, and like I said it's only a $4 claim. Is the website down or do you have to call them now?

System Error

We're sorry, but there is a problem with your request. Please try again, or contact technical support at 1-866-918-46701-866-918-4670.
I'll answer my own question in case anyone else runs into this. A couple days ago my claim wasnt submitted because of some issue with the captcha. If I submit a claim through IE I just check a box for the captcha and it gives me that error. However I tried Chrome and this time it prompted me to select pictures for the captcha and the claim was submitted no problem. So it seems like there's issues with their captcha. If anyone else runs into this try another browser or clear your cookies.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:00 pm

Anyone know what year the $ credited applies to for claims filed in 2018, but completed in 2019 by citi? I know the terms would go by 2018 rules but for some reason I feel like they will start taking the $ out from the 1k 2019 limit if it's paid in 2019 regardless of when filed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.