Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide
Print Wikipost

CITI Price Rewind

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:38 pm

Hm, another item, on sale at both best Buy and Gamestop and their automated system shows no results for a cheaper price...
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:05 pm

Interesting - I just read the Price Rewind rules and indeed there is no mention of a geographical restriction either for the first item or the comparison item.

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
I've recently learned that Citi will match Chinese drop-ship sites (AliExpress, BangGood, GeekBuying, Pandawill, DealExtreme, etc). Bought a Xiaomi vacuum from Amazon for $385, successfully matched to a screenshot of GeekBuying.com @ $228.

This seems like an unbeatable way to get next-day shipping, buyer protections, and customer service from American retailers while paying the Chinese price. Plus, the AT&T Access More card works with Rewind, so you can get 3X TYP on the higher price (which is more like 5X on the net price).
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: Affinity euros, Yellows, Epistrofi
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Interesting - I just read the Price Rewind rules and indeed there is no mention of a geographical restriction either for the first item or the comparison item.
I'm shocked that such a hole in T&Cs even exists. I would use it heavily because they'll find out and patch it sooner of later.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Note that the Purchase Protection benefit (aka 2yr warranty extension) does have a geographic restriction. So, yet another reason to purchase from the American retailer and get price matched elsewhere.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
How many days does it take to approve/deny citi price rewind claim? I had placed manual submission yesterday as it was not able to find the same product..
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by desikid
How many days does it take to approve/deny citi price rewind claim? I had placed manual submission yesterday as it was not able to find the same product..
I just checked my email. I submitted a manual submission on 11/3 and it was approved on 11/9.

This program is great - I needed a pool part same day (so the pool wouldn't go green) and got almost 50% back with a price match. And when an ebay retailer drop-shipped me an item from Amazon (I bought on ebay.com and it came "Fulfilled by Amazon") I looked up the item by the included gift receipt and submitted for that price match too!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Purchasing above msrp

Thus might be a weird situation but here it goes. ... Does price rewind cover situations where a product was purchased for above msrp?

Back in December the Nintendo switch was snapped up left and right and scalped on ebay/Amazon for $100-150 above msrp.

One can purchase from Amazon "marketplace seller" and receive goods with an actual Amazon receipt, albeit for $400-450 (msrp = $299). After holidays, the supply came back to normal and price reached $299 msrp again.

I don't see any provision that might prohibit this and it seems like "fair use".. but just curious if anyone tried this in the past?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
... snapped up left and right and scalped on ebay/Amazon ..?
The following specific circumstances are not eligible for Citi Price Rewind:

...The item is used, customized, altered, refurbished or secondhand.
You purchased the item secondhand.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by mia
You purchased the item secondhand.
Can it be automatically assumed though that all marketplace sellers are second hand? I get ebay is definitely a second hand marketplace, but a lot of shops on amazon identify themselves as "electronics retailers." I get that "MAP" policy 99% of the time applies to "minimum advertised price" but these days viral items are shooting thru the roof.... real fuzzy/gray area indeed.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Can it be automatically assumed though that all marketplace sellers are second hand?
No. Many eBay sellers sell new products, some of whom are actually major retailers with an eBay storefront, such as Best Buy and Adorama.
buylowsellhigh likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:08 am

I'm curious is Citi's price rewind claim dept call center in a prison? Everytime I call them I am always nice, asking how they are, trying to be friendly, and it's like talking to a wall. I just called them to see if they got an email I sent them on sat. I asked the guy who answered, and he's like "im not in claims ill have to get your claims adjuster". So i wait on hold 10 mins and he comes back and says "the guy is busy he'll review your claim in 48 hours". This is the 2nd time ive heard that with nothing done, so i asked him again if they got my email from Sat. He's like "I see everything in front of me", which didnt answer my question. Then i ask to speak to someone in claims and he said "i am in claims sir". At this point he started getting mean, talking to me like i was irate and yelling at him, but i was very friendly and was simply asking if they got my email. So i asked him for like the 5th time if he got my email, and he said "i see the email you sent on saturday". Its like omg why couldnt you say that 20 mins ago? All this for a $20 claim.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:30 pm

Price Rewind Devaluation - $200 per claim, $1k per year

https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide

For purchases made on or after July 29, 2018 the Citi Price Rewind benefit is limited to $200 per claim and $1000 per calendar year. This is a major devaluation and applies to all cards, even those with high annual fees like the $450 Prestige card. I, for one, am NOT a fan. Caveat emptor!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When I follow this link (which is the same as the one in the Wikipost), I see a security alert, and page which does not mention any changes. Did you receive an email or postal notification of a change?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by mia
When I follow this link (which is the same as the one in the Wikipost), I see a security alert, and page which does not mention any changes. Did you receive an email or postal notification of a change?
They have changed it back?? Or maybe released too soon, or updating something? Was definitely there before.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
They have changed it back?? Or maybe released too soon, or updating something? Was definitely there before.
There are similar reports of the devaluation on various blogs and boards, but the Citi website no longer shows the change:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/citi-p...d-devaluation/

Changes coming to Citi Price Rewind benefit and th... - Page 3 - myFICO® Forums - 5213442

Frequent Miler - Earn Miles Without Flying

Last edited by BigFlyer; Apr 6, 2018 at 11:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.