FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
https://www.citipricerewind.com/guide
Print Wikipost

CITI Price Rewind

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
How long do these usually take to process? I submitted one for $92 last Friday and called in today the check on the status. The lady I talked to was quite rude and said that my claim was waiting to be assigned to someone to investigate it and after it was assigned, it would take 14 business days. I asked her when my claim would be assigned and if it could be expedited, and she said that there is no timeframe for when my claim might be assigned but after it was assigned it would take 14 business days. So I asked her what the point of this benefit is because if there is no timeframe for when my claim should be assigned, it could theoretically wait in queue until after the 60 days are up and then be denied because it's after 60 days. She said that there is a timeframe, but when I asked her for what it was, she said there was no timeframe. I'm not sure what to make of this...did I just get a bad agent or are they going to just sit on my claim until it's too old?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
How long do these usually take to process? I submitted one for $92 last Friday and called in today the check on the status. The lady I talked to was quite rude and said that my claim was waiting to be assigned to someone to investigate it and after it was assigned, it would take 14 business days. I asked her when my claim would be assigned and if it could be expedited, and she said that there is no timeframe for when my claim might be assigned but after it was assigned it would take 14 business days. So I asked her what the point of this benefit is because if there is no timeframe for when my claim should be assigned, it could theoretically wait in queue until after the 60 days are up and then be denied because it's after 60 days. She said that there is a timeframe, but when I asked her for what it was, she said there was no timeframe. I'm not sure what to make of this...did I just get a bad agent or are they going to just sit on my claim until it's too old?
read a few posts up
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:55 pm

Update: In case anyone cares, I figured out why Citi denied several of my claims. I have only gotten 1 denial letter, which is really shady.

Citi has a different process if the lower price is at walmart. I was told because the lower priced screenshots I submitted had the words "store and online prices may differ", their lawyers said they have to call the Walmart store to verify the lower price. If they can't reach the store, if the number is busy, if they can't verify the price then they close the claim with the words "Your reimbursement request has been denied because of a misrepresentation tied to the lower priced item submitted".

For example, I submitted this a month ago as the lower price for $15:
http://www.walmart.com/store/559/mus...query=54649026

As of right now it's showing up on walmarts website for $15, and has been their for the past 30 days. That should be enough for them to verify the lower price. So even though walmarts website shows the lower priced item in stock for $15, they are denying my claims because they say they have to call the store to verify the price. What a bunch of fraud.

So what I have done is submit new claims that dont have that wording.

For example:

1. Search google on "walmart store 559", and click on the first result
2. Click on the blue button that says "make this my store"
3. In the top search window type the name of the item, or simply the SKU - walmart store 559
4. It will show as $15 and will say "in the store". So they cannot claim they have to call the walmart store to verify the price. So far most of my new claims have been approved, and many of my resubmitted claims had lower prices

I hope that helps someone!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:32 am

I must be the only one having issues with citi. I am near my $2500 limit in just 2 months lol, they must be mad at me.

I bought a video game for $20. Another walmart has it in stock for $5. So I submitted 3 claims, each claim was denied because they would say they called the store and were told it's "never been $5 at any store". So today I emailed them several screenshots of it $5 on walmarts website, but they STILL wouldnt approve it. I had to request a claims manager. Even then, I had to buy the video game for $5 at the lower priced store, then forward the email confirmation to the manager to get it approved. Even though walmarts website showed it for "$5 in the store" they were still telling me the store never had it for $5.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:14 pm

They really fighting people over $5 and in the case of that other guy, $3? Yikes. I guess I should prepare for war over my pending $294 price rewind. So how would I go about submitting a Best Buy Black Friday price drop? I don't have the physical ad to scan and the prices online have returned to normal. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
They really fighting people over $5 and in the case of that other guy, $3? Yikes. I guess I should prepare for war over my pending $294 price rewind. So how would I go about submitting a Best Buy Black Friday price drop? I don't have the physical ad to scan and the prices online have returned to normal. Thanks.
In a similar situation(s) in the past I submitted the following - a picture of the ad (black friday sites will still have it up, or visit the local library), print outs of websites discussing black friday deals at the store with the model/price, google cache images, camelcamelcamel price tracking, and even a short video of me clicking on the online ad & it taking me to the exact product page (for when the model # isn't in the ad). Most of the time I only do the first two of those, but sometimes I felt like I needed more evidence. Never had a claim turned down, but that wal-mart stuff seems weird although I haven't done a walmart claim since may.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAvantage, TAM, Flying Blue, others...
Originally Posted by Nick92
If it makes you feel any better, I'm at $307.05 in price rewinds this year since July, ranging from $200 to $4.40 (it was $4.40 x 6 of the same item, technically). They were all approved without any issues whether they found them themselves, or I submitted for them manually.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, United Gold
Had a horrible time with Citi PriceRewind myself, but it eventually worked out.

Before I made my purchase, I asked how a trade-in towards an unlocked cell phone purchase at full MSRP would work. I was told the trade-in store credit would count as a form of payment, and as long as the balance on the Citi card was less than the amount I was requesting for the difference between the MSRP and the lower price, I would be fine.

After submitting my documentation, my claim was denied because they could not verify the lower price. The lower priced website was still live! They told me that the Google Maps address for the company didn't seem legitimate and their online chat was broken and they couldn't call them so they wouldn't honor my claim. Only when I threatened to buy the item from the lower website as proof, and return it to them under the refund protection guarantee did they give-in and say if I could prove that the store responded to e-mails would the claim be honored. I did that, and my claim was approved after further arguing - I shouldn't have had to do that to begin with on a $450 annual fee card!

I then called in and find out they counted the trade-in as a discount and would only give me the difference between the after-trade in price and the competitor! That's not the purchase price listed on the receipt submitted - they just backed out the tax from the amount charged to the card and determined that as the purchase price. I argued back that I verified it would be on the purchase price listed on the receipt before I even filed a claim, and that the trade-in was a store credit payment, and I had no incentive to mail back the device then. They told me they'd only refund the additional difference if they see my card charged more for failing to trade-in. This is not in their terms.

After calling multiple times and speaking to multiple supervisors with conflicting excuses, I finally got one that agreed to comply with their terms and got refunded. Much harder of a process than I expected.

Last edited by RobotsRock; Dec 2, 2017 at 8:35 pm Reason: Update
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:06 pm

Free items

Recently I bought a Sony TV. As I wasn't prepared for the higher tv price the salesperson offered me free blue ray player. The invoice is showing no cost for it. How does Citi handle Price rewind request if the exact same model Sony tv is available for cheaper price?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by kpsn11
Recently I bought a Sony TV. As I wasn't prepared for the higher tv price the salesperson offered me free blue ray player. The invoice is showing no cost for it. How does Citi handle Price rewind request if the exact same model Sony tv is available for cheaper price?
They simply care what the line on the invoice shows for the TV itself.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
They simply care what the line on the invoice shows for the TV itself.
Wow, that's cool. Have you had similar claim honored by Citi? Just want to be sure before I proceed.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by kpsn11
Wow, that's cool. Have you had similar claim honored by Citi? Just want to be sure before I proceed.
I have, although as is always the case with Citi, YMMV. The language in the benefit states that the benefit doesn't apply if "[t]he lower-priced item is offered at no cost, or the lower price includes a bonus, free offer, special financing or a rebate," but it doesn't make any mention of such a restriction on the higher-priced item.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I've recently learned that Citi will match Chinese drop-ship sites (AliExpress, BangGood, GeekBuying, Pandawill, DealExtreme, etc). Bought a Xiaomi vacuum from Amazon for $385, successfully matched to a screenshot of GeekBuying.com @ $228.

This seems like an unbeatable way to get next-day shipping, buyer protections, and customer service from American retailers while paying the Chinese price. Plus, the AT&T Access More card works with Rewind, so you can get 3X TYP on the higher price (which is more like 5X on the net price).
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
I bought a Nest from Best Buy before black Friday at full $250 retail assuming I'd get the promotions for Black Friday via Price Rewind. Rewind found me $59.99 in potential savings last week from Bonanza.com, I let it keep riding because I figured it was risk free. Then I logged in this morning and see potential savings back at $0.

Has anyone seen their potential savings disappear? I'm sure I can submit a Target or someone else's flier for the $199 price but kind of worrysome to plan on Citi finding prices for you then changing their mind.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by JonasCLT
I bought a Nest from Best Buy before black Friday at full $250 retail assuming I'd get the promotions for Black Friday via Price Rewind. Rewind found me $59.99 in potential savings last week from Bonanza.com, I let it keep riding because I figured it was risk free. Then I logged in this morning and see potential savings back at $0.

Has anyone seen their potential savings disappear? I'm sure I can submit a Target or someone else's flier for the $199 price but kind of worrysome to plan on Citi finding prices for you then changing their mind.
I havent seen that, but I did buy a product on Amazon, and now both Amazon and Target show it at a lower price, and have been showing it at a lower price for 10 days.

But Rewind shows savings of zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.