Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Comfort Suites Paradise Island, Bahamas

Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me how many Choice Privileges reward points it takes for a night at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island, Bahamas in December?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reward rates change periodically (every 3-4 months)throughout the year; some hotels have seasonal rates, while others stay pretty consistent. Right now, the point levels are for the period December 15, 2008-April 15, 2009. The hotel is at 25,000 and I would suspect it is that way year-round. Of course, Choice could always raise or lower the rate. One of the disadvantages with Choice is the short advance booking window.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Minigolf Man
Can anyone tell me how many Choice Privileges reward points it takes for a night at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island, Bahamas in December?
The bottom of the property page says 25000. Just click on the hotel name and you're there.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:05 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Anyone stay here recently that can provide a small report? It looks a bit dumpy but you get full Atlantis privs. next door and it's ~$200 a night cheaper.

Also - would you spend $250 or use 25,000 Choice points? That's my entire Choice balance but I'm not sure how we value those dollar-wise. Also, do choice points expire based on when they were earned or does new activity extend the life of older points?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reviews are mixed:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...d_Bahamas.html

CP points expire at the end of the second calendar year after the calendar year in which they are earned. Activity does not reset the expiration. Generally points are returned with their original expiration date, although a recent award cancellation I made resulted in a new expiration date for the returned points.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Thanks - it looks like it will do for purposes of "staying" at Atlantis. I might try a dummy award booking / cancellation but assuming they will still expire this year, is 25,000 pts worth it on a $250 rate? I'm not sure how FT values Choice points....
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daveland
Thanks - it looks like it will do for purposes of "staying" at Atlantis. I might try a dummy award booking / cancellation but assuming they will still expire this year, is 25,000 pts worth it on a $250 rate? I'm not sure how FT values Choice points....
That's a solid redemption value, IMO. Domestically, NYC has some good values as well (also 25,000 points). Europe also offers a lot of good redemption values, many in the 10-16K range.

Award nights range from 6K-35K points per night, with the HI properties at the high end of that scale and mostly dumpy EconoLodges at the low end thereof. The Preferred Hotels properties are normally 30K,40K, or 50K, but are right now on sale for 20,009 points--those can be some great values if you can get a room.

Some comparisons:
25,000 CP-->5,000 airline miles
5,000 CO miles-->5,000 AGR points-->15,000 Choice points
16,000 CP-->$50 GC (currently 14K for $50 gas station GC)
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
I'll second soitgoes - very solid redemption value - I wouldn't hesitate a bit If I was looking at that option.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:47 am

Thanks for all the help......... We did stay there. For anyone interested, the review I wrote is here:

Comfort Suites Paradise Island Review (adjacent to Atlantis)
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the review. We stayed in the Atlantis Beach Towers 2 years ago. I can about bet that the Comfort Suites is bigger than that room. We didn't go to stay in the room though, and it was the best vacation that our family has ever taken.
I'm hoping to have enough CP points for 2 or 3 nights by December. I usually transfer my points to Southwest rapid rewards for flights, but if it can help us to visit Paradise Island again I will use them for part of my stay.
Did you use CP points or pay?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:44 pm

Sorry, no rooms were available at the Choice Privileges Reward Night.
However, the rooms listed below are currently available at the Standard Rate.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cgbcheng
Sorry, no rooms were available at the Choice Privileges Reward Night.
However, the rooms listed below are currently available at the Standard Rate.
For what date?

This is usually a website glitch if you are booking inside the allowed booking windows (30/40/60/90 days depending on property location and member's elite status).

Logging out and logging in again often solves the problem.

EDIT: I've searched multiple dates within my allowed 60 day booking window and I saw award availability for four of the six paid room types every day I checked (No View and Garden View rooms).
Old Jan 28, 2009, 8:36 pm

Minigolf Man - I decided to pay cash since I was splitting it with a friend and didn't want to debate the value of points (i.e. it would have been treated as if they were free). It did seem a good value though. Regardless, it'll put me over 30K points now which at least I can redeem at some nicer hotels....

Last edited by MilesTalk; Jan 25, 2010 at 12:27 am
Old Jan 28, 2009, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regardless, it'll put me over 30K points now which at leats I can redeem at some nicer hotels....
Don't forget that the Preferred booking deadline at 20,009 points is tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.