Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort Inn Bay of Islands (NZ)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Comfort Inn Bay of Islands (NZ)

Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn Bay of Islands? I'm considering it but there are no reviews on tripadvisor.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn Bay of Islands? I'm considering it but there are no reviews on tripadvisor.
Are you considering staying on points? If so, be aware that the Clarion Collection seems to be the same number of points (10k) per night as the Comfort Inn.

While neither of them has reviews in either TripAdvistor or AsiaRooms, based on general worldwide experience, Clarion Collection tend to be much nicer hotels than Comfort Inns, and also the location of this specific one seems much better. (Of course, you may be nickel & dimed a bit more, given that it's a full-service hotel.)
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you considering staying on points? If so, be aware that the Clarion Collection seems to be the same number of points (10k) per night as the Comfort Inn.

While neither of them has reviews in either TripAdvistor or AsiaRooms, based on general worldwide experience, Clarion Collection tend to be much nicer hotels than Comfort Inns, and also the location of this specific one seems much better. (Of course, you may be nickel & dimed a bit more, given that it's a full-service hotel.)
We're paying for the room, and are considering the Comfort Inn because they offer a one bedroom suite (with two separate sleeping areas) at a lower price than we were able to find elsewhere. But that's also what makes me nervous

I've never been to the Bay of islands before, and we won't have a car, so we're trying to find a place to stay that is an easy walk to interesting stuff (and has a pool good for laps or is close to a good swimming beach).
Old Dec 16, 2008, 8:28 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
New Zealand Bay of Islands is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed.

I stayed at the Copthorne Resort, Paihia. Paihia is a small town and the Copthorne Resort was a little outside the town center, but only about a 20 minute walk along sidewalks.

I used this service NeedItNow for last minute rooms in New Zealand (also covers Australia) and saved hundreds of dollars while receiving a great room and incredible bay view.

There are plenty of hotel properties in the Bay of Islands area, but reservations can only be booked for two weeks prior to arrival. The discount rates make it well worth waiting. I used NeedItNow for my hotel reservations in Auckland too.

http://www.needitnow.com/needitnow/needitnow.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.