Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice hotel employee or friends and family code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know choice hotel employee or friends and family code. I had one that i was using but it seems like it is expire. Please post or reply to this msgs if u got it. Any help will be highly appreciated!!!!
Old Apr 17, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: A|Club Gold, HHonors Silver, TAP Miles winner
Hi everyone,

perhaps someone could share a code for the Choice Hotels, by PM... I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by pcg2001
Hi everyone,

perhaps someone could share a code for the Choice Hotels, by PM... I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.
And if there is any referral programme, I will most likely sign up soon, so I can be referred... but I would really welcome some sort of code before booking...
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:01 pm

I found an early booking discount in the scandinavia website, since I wanted to book for Copenhagen. http://www.choicehotels.no/chs/choic...fers/summer-1/ It was valid until today only, but I managed to reduce the nightly rate from DKK 940 to 658 (around 88€). So I am pleased with this, especially since it is for the Clarion Mayfair and it is in the city centre, inclues breakfast and light evening buffet. However, I found the loyalty programme lacking in information online or interesting discounts. The fact that few of flyertalkers talk of it may be a indication of its unpopularity perhaps...

Also for scandinavia there seems to be a Choices CLUB http://www.choiceclub.net/html/en-gb16531705.jsp as opposed to the Choices Privileges http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic...l.KBtgtgckjg.7. Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten me as to the workings of thes programmes.

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:57 am

Choice Hotels Friends & Family Rate Code: 00063699 Worked today WITHOUT a voucher. 12/06/2010.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works for me, too.

What sort of ID do you need to use this rate?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by pcg2001

Also for scandinavia there seems to be a Choices CLUB http://www.choiceclub.net/html/en-gb16531705.jsp as opposed to the Choices Privileges http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic...l.KBtgtgckjg.7. Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten me as to the workings of thes programmes.

Thanks.
I think choice club in Scandinavia run as a separate organisation, e.g, its membership number is 14 digit than 12 digit in other place (correct me if i am wrong). It also acquire Nordic hotel last year (I think) so has their name changed into Nordic Choice hotels. The FF is also a different system.

I personally have the membership on the Scandinavia site and whenever I stay in the Choice hotel outside this region i always have to save the receipt and email back to claim my points, as my membership card number from here can't be accept in the machine in elsewhere. a bit tedious though.

Sometimes price quote from Scandinavian site will be a bit different from the global site so worth to have double check!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tpi1313
Choice Hotels Friends & Family Rate Code: 00063699 Worked today WITHOUT a voucher. 12/06/2010.
Originally Posted by BigLar
Works for me, too.

What sort of ID do you need to use this rate?
Anyone here get some "valid Friends & Family Discount Card" since it says that "A valid Friends & Family Discount Card must be presented and surrendered at check-in to obtain the Friends and Family Rate"? Or is this observed more in the breach than anything?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Anyone here get some "valid Friends & Family Discount Card" since it says that "A valid Friends & Family Discount Card must be presented and surrendered at check-in to obtain the Friends and Family Rate"? Or is this observed more in the breach than anything?
Hi, GU.

That's why I asked the question. I stayed at a lot of Choice props at a lot of different rates (60+, military/government, etc.) and was never asked for any ID. I suspect, though, that this one might be a little tighter.

IIRC, they have a little card/slip of paper that the manager/employee fills out in your name and you can use that as the "friends" part of F&F. "Family" woud require your hotel ID.

These things are probably not easy to fake - I suspect a lot of people trying to use that rate would not even know what was required.

Still waiting for someone to report on whether he was able to use the rate without any sort of ID.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigLar
Hi, GU.

That's why I asked the question. I stayed at a lot of Choice props at a lot of different rates (60+, military/government, etc.) and was never asked for any ID. I suspect, though, that this one might be a little tighter.

IIRC, they have a little card/slip of paper that the manager/employee fills out in your name and you can use that as the "friends" part of F&F. "Family" woud require your hotel ID.

These things are probably not easy to fake - I suspect a lot of people trying to use that rate would not even know what was required.

Still waiting for someone to report on whether he was able to use the rate without any sort of ID.
Thanks for the update.

I was hoping that you -- hotel guru-san -- or someone else had already gotten around to accessing a couple of whatever pre-printed thing these hotels expect to see when checking in and trying to use this rate.

Anyone friends with (or otherwise well acquainted with an extra-friendly) a Choice hotel employee who can provide the details about this (e.g., how many of these chits any given employee can access and provide)?

I can see it now: FTers tipping a few hotel maids if they let the guests in on the family & friends rate by giving over the pre-printed thing entitling use of the rate: a $10 tip for saving multiples more than that.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 20, 2011 at 5:57 am
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I can see it now: FTers tipping a few hotel maids if they let the guests in on the family & friends rate by giving over the pre-printed thing entitling use of the rate: a $10 tip for saving multiples more than that.
All we really need is one copy and a scanner.

Hypothetically, of course, Not that I would ever do such a thing.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:58 pm

Choice employee here

All right, I'm a Choice employee. To answer:

how many of these chits any given employee can access and provide
Actually only property and general managers can provide these. So, no, save your bribe money--neither the housekeeping staff nor the front desk staff can help you out here.

The other forms of proof that are accepted is a hotel ID, or a pay stub from Choice International. Bribes might work better there, lol.

Though it should go without saying that other properties may be more lax, our property always requires one of these proofs upon check-in--unless you know the secret handshake, of course.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peggle
All right, I'm a Choice employee. To answer:

Actually only property and general managers can provide these. So, no, save your bribe money--neither the housekeeping staff nor the front desk staff can help you out here.

The other forms of proof that are accepted is a hotel ID, or a pay stub from Choice International. Bribes might work better there, lol.

Though it should go without saying that other properties may be more lax, our property always requires one of these proofs upon check-in--unless you know the secret handshake, of course.
Welcome to FT and thanks for the info.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up

peggle, thank you. Please check back on this board now and then. It can be rough weather sometimes, but you will be sincerely appreciated.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:48 pm

Is there any way to become a "friend"?

Is there any way to legitimately become a Friend of Choice hotels? I'm specifically wondering if a Choice International stock holder would work..certainly would be worth the investment of a few shares!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.