Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Hotels in Portugal ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Choice Hotels in Portugal ??

I am going to Portugal in Sept for 2 week vacation and wanted to know what the Choice properties are like. I know they only have a few. I do not need the Ritz, but like clean and comfortable.

Also, I am not an Elite Choice member, but do have 80+ K points. How difficult is it to get an Award reservation with Choice. I think I only can do so 60 days in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't been to any of the Choice properties in Portugal, but availability for award redemption is generally not a problem with choice. In general, as long as there is a standard room (and sometimes more than just standard rooms) available for cash, you can book one for points, subject to that annoying 30/40/60/90 day advance booking window.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
We stayed at the Clarion Suites Lisbon a couple of years ago.

While it's not a Ritz, it's even better than as you say clean and comfortable. It's a 5 minute walk to the subway. I'd go back in a minute. Even my wife liked it.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:45 am

I've stayed at the Quality Inn Porto on Praca da Batalha. It's a decent place, centrally located; in 2007 it was a terrific bargain at 6000 points a night; I see that they've raised it to 10,000. I booked it at the 60-day mark without trouble, and the city was packed for an air show.

I had a paid stay at the Comfort Inn Embaixador in Lisbon. Again it was fine; the breakfast room is on top with a nice view of the city. It's in the area of wide boulevards, with good access around the city either with a long walk or public transportation.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Thanks so much. Amazing how much info one can get on FT.

Although may be 10k points -- the normal rates for an ave. hotel are likely about $120 -- so a good deal in my opinion. Now I just have to wait until I am 60 days out.

Off subject (but saw comments on other threads) -- my choice stay points have been posted about 2 days aftet the stay in past week. More than acceptable! And all properties were a 8+ out of 10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.