Next promotion?

Old Apr 23, 09, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Next promotion?

Well, if there's going to be something after Freeville, it had better come soon, or I have to book a bunch of nights elsewhere.

C'mon, Choice. People do plan more than a few days in advance, you know.
Old Apr 23, 09, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I agree. Strange how these promos are there to try to get people to reserve (most do so at least 2 weeks ahead), but the promos are announced the last minute --- or even after it starts!! If Choice wants to keep the promos filling rooms, they need to announce new ones (with a Clear start date) about 2 weeks before the former one ends.

I have my resrv. up to 28 Apr., but so far none in May.
Old Apr 23, 09, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree--it makes no sense. But with a) my disenchantment with Choice due to their huge point increases in certain areas and b) the free night promos taking effect with SPG and Priority Club, the promo would have to be extraordinary for me to care.
Old Apr 30, 09, 9:16 pm

Well, it is about 10pm Eastern, and Freeville is the only program I see, which expires tonight!

I usually will stay at Choice for a +/- 3,000 point bonus per stay. Freeville rounded up to 8k for 2 stays. But for 1,000 total points per stay, other programs have more appeal.

Again -- Choice visits will likely drop for many of us FTers. You KNOW a new program has been decided on, but why delay the announcement as people will be booking 2 weeks out.
Old May 1, 09, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAPMAN View Post
But for 1,000 total points per stay, other programs have more appeal.
Yeah, like stay 2 nights in a crummy Holiday Inn and get a free weekend night in a 6-star hotel through the end of the year.

Still nothing May 1, 9:15 am Central.
Old May 1, 09, 11:16 am

Choice usually doesn't start their next promo until June 1. Hopefully there will be info available mid-May. Last year it was 16,000 points after three stays.
Old May 1, 09, 1:23 pm

I looked it up in response to this thread: last year's promo that started June 1 was first mentioned on this board on May 13.
Old May 2, 09, 9:51 am

Guess I will wait for 2 weeks. Really not much travel in next two weeks, but some in June. I would think once they have some people "accustomed" to Choice, they would like to have some program to keep them coming back. Or at least target those that stay during special promos, but not much other times.
Old May 13, 09, 11:58 am

Next promo runs May 21 to Aug 13 and is a combination of some past Choice promos or promos that competitors are running right now. Promo depends on which brand you stay at. That's all I can reveal right now
Old May 14, 09, 4:18 am

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by superdawg View Post
Next promo runs May 21 to Aug 13 and is a combination of some past Choice promos or promos that competitors are running right now. Promo depends on which brand you stay at. That's all I can reveal right now
The cat's out of the bag. I just saw the tail end of a commercial on the weather channel and paused it to copy the fine print on the screen. Capitalization theirs, not mine:

"Stay 3 separate times and Earn a Free $50 Prepaid Cash Card with CHOICEprivileges

MUST BOOK AT CHOICEHOTELS.COM OR 1-800-4CHOICE. VALID 5-21-09 THROUGH 8-13-09. AFTER 3RD QUALIFYING STAY AT ELIGIBLE RATES, EARN ENOUGH CHOICE PRIVILEGES POINTS TO REDEEM FOR A PREPAID VISA CASH CARD."

So it's a cash card, not a gas card. The brand logos on the screen were Comfort, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep and Clarion. (Not Econolodge or Rodeway, so maybe they have a separate offer again?)

Last edited by scruffy; May 14, 09 at 4:36 am
Old May 14, 09, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

scruffy:

Thanks for the info.

Your post says "EARN ENOUGH CHOICE PRIVILEGES POINTS TO REDEEM FOR A PREPAID VISA CASH CARD".

It's 16000 points for a $50 card. This sounds very similar to last year's promo.

I have 13 nights in Orlando coming up and have persuaded the wife to try hotel-hopping for the 6 nights she'll be along.

64000+ points, good for 21+ WN RR credits! Almost halfway by then to Companion Pass renewal! Woo-hoo!
Old May 14, 09, 9:06 am

I'm trying to recall why someone would want to get the cash/gas card. Do those points expire earlier than usual? I can usually use 16k points for 2 room nights saving me somewhere in the neighborhood of $120-150
Old May 14, 09, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Greg121 View Post
I'm trying to recall why someone would want to get the cash/gas card.
Because they are not paying attention.
Old May 14, 09, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't see it yet on the Choice page, but I'm curious: will it be one of the ways they've done it in the past:

1. Take all the points you earn in your 3 stays (exclusive of elite bonus) and add enough to make the total 16,000, or

2. You get all your points and then they add an additional 16,000?

Obviously, #2 is the preferred choice (a little CP humor there ), but I suspect it's going to be #1.
Old May 14, 09, 3:32 pm

Well if there are commercials for it I guess I could post what Choice had sent to me, the first is just like Scruffy posted:

Coming Soon – Earn a FREE $50 Cash Card When You Stay 3 Separate Times!
It doesn’t get any easier than this! Simply stay three separate times at any qualifying Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria Suites® or Ascend Collection® property with arrival between May 21 and August 13, 2009, and receive enough Choice Privileges® points to redeem for a $50 prepaid cash card! In order to qualify, reservations must be made at ChoiceHotels.com.

Coming Soon – Earn free nights twice as fast with DOUBLE points on every qualifying stay!*
Just stay at MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® and Rodeway Inn® hotels in the U.S. and Canada with arrival between May 21 and August 13, 2009, and earn DOUBLE Choice Privileges points with every qualifying stay! Reservations must be made at ChoiceHotels.com to take advantage of this great promotion!

Search this Thread