FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Anyone stayed at CDG Comfort Inn? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/942460-anyone-stayed-cdg-comfort-inn.html)

BamaVol Apr 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Anyone stayed at CDG Comfort Inn?

I have a late arrival at CDG later this month. Ideally, I would stay at an airport property and head into the city the following morning, but a show of some sort has driven the price of a room near the airport sky-high that night. I had planned to simply travel to my ultimate destination and stay in Paris that night. Then I came across the CDG Comfort Inn with an 85 euro rate. Any thoughts?

BamaVol Apr 14, 2009 9:57 am

I got an answer on the France forum (I did not cross post). It is a basic property, acceptable if nothing special. I also found a slight discount on the Choice website, 80.75 euros for the night. I will report back after my stay.

BamaVol Apr 27, 2009 5:26 am

Report - not so great. The shuttle was prompt both ways. Breakfast was ok - ham and cheese, yogurt and croissants, canned fruit and cereal, juice and coffee for 8 euros.

The room was small and cheaply furnished. It appeared clean to my bleary eyes. No pillowcases! I hate when they roll the pillows in the sheets. TV with about 8 channels. No view - the property is in an industrial area. I think I could have walked to a couple restaurants. Tiny shower and it was impossible to keep the water from spraying everywhere and covering the floor - so don't bring your clothes in. All employees were friendly and helpful.

Would I stay again? Maybe under similar circumstances but not if there were better choices at the same rate - and I would look thoroughly for them.

Cupart Apr 27, 2009 5:35 am

I think I have stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago (it has a grand driveway entrance and the reception is to the right when you enter the front door)...

The staff was very friendly I remember, but leaving very early in the morning for The Caribbean we didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

We had a top floor room which was very very dated and showed clear signs of wear and tare and not very nice. A tiny TV but this never makes any difference to me. It reminded me very much of what you think prison cells look like...

Never went back and now only stay at the Sheraton in CDG as it is worth the extra cash having early flights out and late flights in :)

BamaVol Apr 27, 2009 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Cupart (Post 11650398)
I think I have stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago (it has a grand driveway entrance and the reception is to the right when you enter the front door)...

The staff was very friendly I remember, but leaving very early in the morning for The Caribbean we didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that.

We had a top floor room which was very very dated and showed clear signs of wear and tare and not very nice. A tiny TV but this never makes any difference to me. It reminded me very much of what you think prison cells look like...

Never went back and now only stay at the Sheraton in CDG as it is worth the extra cash having early flights out and late flights in :)

Yes, the little TV was on top of a wardrobe almost touching the ceiling. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been B&W. My room appeared to have been painted in the last year and the bathroom had been freshly caulked. There was an unfortunate design on the fiberglass/plastic shower surround that looked a lot like bloodstains but a careful view showed it to be integral to the material.

I would not have considered this property except for the high prices others were asking due to a large industrial tradeshow in the vicinity. Still, it's nice to be familiar with the economy brands before you need to use them.

SAPMAN Apr 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Choice Properties in Portugal?

Sorry, thought I started a new thread.... will do so.