Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

False advertising on choice hotel descriptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

I understand COVID changed things, but I am getting sick and tired of hotels advertising amenities they don't have.

Free hot breakfast on the choice page. At the hotel "grab and go only" or: breakfast is "temporarily" closed.
Indoor pool, complete with nice looking pictures. At the hotel "pool closed"
Business center, complete with pictures. At the hotel: "business center closed" or just "oh sorry the computer is broken"
Fitness center, complete with pictures. At the hotel "fitness center closed until further notice"

And some properties I have been back weeks or even months later these things are still not available, Why is Choice allowing these properties to continue to advertise amenities they don't have? Some of the properties have even lied to me on the phone when I called ahead to check, but of course you can't cancel after the deadline no matter what.

And then Diamond members are supposed to be guaranteed a late check out, if requested in advance, and sometimes it takes the choice rep on the phone to order the manager to allow it, and they still try to talk back.

Don't get me wrong, most properties are great and easy to deal with, but it seems like I am seeing more and more of this,

If there is another thread about this, please direct me there and delete this one.

Last edited by MiaSkye89; Sep 11, 2022 at 4:39 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not really false advertising (although I can see how can seem that way in these cases), but a general problem with Choice hotel websites being out of date.

Another hotel, the Comfort Suites near SNA airport in Orange County CA brought back its full breakfast buffet over half a year ago at least, but it still says "grab and go breakfast" on its website. So in that case it offers more than the website says, not less. But it was offering "grab and go breakfast" earlier during the Covid era.

So different hotels are out-of-date in their breakfast descriptions in both directions.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:35 am

I try and call most hotels and confirm if the info on websites is still accurate. Never did this pre-COVID, but post-COVID I always call and confirm if its something I care about.

When traveling with kids we like a pool, if the pool is closed we will look elsewhere, so I do not trust websites, I call the hotel and confirm
general45 and sdsearch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.