Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Should One Give Mainstay Suites A Chance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:36 am
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

Tell me one reason why you might want to give the Mainstay Suites a chance. And tell me a reason why you'd do the opposite.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
Tell me one reason why you might want to give the Mainstay Suites a chance. And tell me a reason why you'd do the opposite.
As with all Choice properties, it all comes down to the individual property. The Mainstay in Moab, Utah is a good enough reason in itself to give the chain a try - absolutely fantastic property. I imagine there are dozens of lackluster or worse properties to serve as reasons not to try them out.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
In my experience, this is a Quality/Comfort level property with slightly more room and a kitchenette. As stated above, each individual property should be evaluated, but in general, they are reasonably nice. They are generally better than suburban/woodspring.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
In my experience, this is a Quality/Comfort level property with slightly more room and a kitchenette. As stated above, each individual property should be evaluated, but in general, they are reasonably nice. They are generally better than suburban/woodspring.
How does it compare with Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, and Candlewood Suites? I know the latter is not for those looking for a free breakfast.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
As with all Choice properties, it all comes down to the individual property. The Mainstay in Moab, Utah is a good enough reason in itself to give the chain a try - absolutely fantastic property. I imagine there are dozens of lackluster or worse properties to serve as reasons not to try them out.
Good observation.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
The nicer ones are comparable to Candlewood and Townplace. Home2 is in a league of its own and is better than all brands being discussed here.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
The nicer ones are comparable to Candlewood and Townplace. Home2 is in a league of its own and is better than all brands being discussed here.
Good point.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Speaking of Mainstay, I remember back in 2016 my father was looking to stay at the Mainstay Suites in Roanoke because it had a two-bedroom suite and was pet-friendly. It didn't happen due to driving distance and because it looked too similar to the Towneplace Suites.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: BW, Choice, Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I've actually stayed in that one with friends and it was very nice
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sk8indel
I've actually stayed in that one with friends and it was very nice
Nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.