FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Should One Give Mainstay Suites A Chance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/2036892-should-one-give-mainstay-suites-chance.html)

purplenightskylovertv Mar 30, 2021 7:36 am

Should One Give Mainstay Suites A Chance

Tell me one reason why you might want to give the Mainstay Suites a chance. And tell me a reason why you'd do the opposite.

synergistic Mar 31, 2021 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker (Post 33137763)
Tell me one reason why you might want to give the Mainstay Suites a chance. And tell me a reason why you'd do the opposite.

As with all Choice properties, it all comes down to the individual property. The Mainstay in Moab, Utah is a good enough reason in itself to give the chain a try - absolutely fantastic property. I imagine there are dozens of lackluster or worse properties to serve as reasons not to try them out.

thunderdeacon Apr 3, 2021 9:46 am

In my experience, this is a Quality/Comfort level property with slightly more room and a kitchenette. As stated above, each individual property should be evaluated, but in general, they are reasonably nice. They are generally better than suburban/woodspring.

purplenightskylovertv Apr 3, 2021 11:32 am

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon (Post 33148702)
In my experience, this is a Quality/Comfort level property with slightly more room and a kitchenette. As stated above, each individual property should be evaluated, but in general, they are reasonably nice. They are generally better than suburban/woodspring.

How does it compare with Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, and Candlewood Suites? I know the latter is not for those looking for a free breakfast.

purplenightskylovertv Apr 3, 2021 11:34 am

Originally Posted by synergistic (Post 33142351)
As with all Choice properties, it all comes down to the individual property. The Mainstay in Moab, Utah is a good enough reason in itself to give the chain a try - absolutely fantastic property. I imagine there are dozens of lackluster or worse properties to serve as reasons not to try them out.

Good observation.

thunderdeacon Apr 5, 2021 4:59 pm

The nicer ones are comparable to Candlewood and Townplace. Home2 is in a league of its own and is better than all brands being discussed here.

purplenightskylovertv Apr 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by thunderdeacon (Post 33154836)
The nicer ones are comparable to Candlewood and Townplace. Home2 is in a league of its own and is better than all brands being discussed here.

Good point.

purplenightskylovertv Mar 7, 2022 1:47 pm

Speaking of Mainstay, I remember back in 2016 my father was looking to stay at the Mainstay Suites in Roanoke because it had a two-bedroom suite and was pet-friendly. It didn't happen due to driving distance and because it looked too similar to the Towneplace Suites.

sk8indel Apr 12, 2022 11:04 pm

I've actually stayed in that one with friends and it was very nice

purplenightskylovertv Apr 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by sk8indel (Post 34160590)
I've actually stayed in that one with friends and it was very nice

Nice.