Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Earning Amtrak Points Ending 2021/04/06

Old Mar 24, 21, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest

I just got an email from Choice that the option to earn Amtrak points through Choice stays will be ending on April 6. Disappointing but at least they gave some warning as opposed to Wyndham which just pulled the plug without any notification at some point last year. The full text of the email is below:

We recently made a Choice Privileges® program update that impacts your current earning preference. Starting 4/6/21, the option to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards® points on qualifying stays will no longer be available. You will be able to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards® points for checkouts until 4/6/21, but you will need to change your earning preference after that date.

Log in to your online account to update your earning preference. You can choose to earn airline miles, Choice Privileges points and more.

If you haven't updated your preference by 4/6/21, we'll automatically update your account to earn Choice Privileges points. If you've already booked a stay that will be completed after 4/6/21, your updated earning preference will be reflected for that stay; or, you will earn Choice Privileges points for the stay if you have not updated your earning preference.

As always, thank you for being a loyal Choice Privileges member.
Old Apr 12, 21, 12:49 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Au, Hyatt Discoverist (Visa,) Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au
Choice sent me a few emails warning me of this. Somehow their systems believed that Amtrak was my earning preference, so they kept warning me to change this! So I logged in to confirm that my earning preference was Choice points all along!
sdsearch and strickerj like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: