Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

New Choice Promo is Bizarre and Short-Lived but Potentially Generous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond

Just got a notification through the Choice app of a new promo. Earn 8000 points for stays this weekend and next weekend--defined as Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday--nothing extra during the week. All the usual Choice T&Cs, but it appears that there are no unusual restrictions on the hotels that will qualify, just no hotels under $40 per night and no WoodSpring. Must register--I don't see an email from Choice about this so it could be targeted. Bookings for next weekend must be made by next Friday.

Obviously, potentially generous since no hotel hopping is necessary to earn 8000 points, but the short notice makes me wonder what Choice hopes to accomplish with this promo. If it's targeted to those who use the Choice app, I guess it could be a test of how responsive users are.
Brendan and DCABarry like this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I agree that the short-livedness of this promo is bizarre. I got the same promo, except mine said Fri./Sat. stays only.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:58 pm

I checked the app, and my offer seems to differ a bit from yours. Earn 8k bonus points by booking a consecutive 2-night (Friday and Saturday) minimum stay. I've already missed this weekend since it's Saturday, but the offer remains for next weekend.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Yes, mine was also different; stay 2 consecutive nights between March 18-26 to get 8k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.