Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

50K Points at Dreams, Secrets, Sunscape

Old Nov 11, 20, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold, AXP Platinum, Choice Diamond, and Marriott Gold

I haven't been travelling as much, but I am starting to plan for next year.

I know this was talked about last year, but I was surprised there is not more chatter about how these resorts are now available and you can earn 50K points on bookings.

https://www.choicehotels.com/ascend/...ts/free-nights

Has anyone taken advantage of this? Any recommendations on resorts to look at?
Old Nov 11, 20, 9:01 am

All of these resort brands are part of AMResorts, so these 50,000 points may come with a price - namely, being badgered to join their "Unlimited Vacation Club" (aka timeshare) program throughout your stay. Doesn't look like the promotion is contingent on you attending one of their presentations, but don't be surprised if you get the hard sell once you get on property.

That being said, they look like really nice resorts, and they are generally well-reviewed on the popular travel sites.
Old Nov 11, 20, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold, AXP Platinum, Choice Diamond, and Marriott Gold
Thanks. I'm pretty good at dodging sales people

With the points plus other things that are offered, I may be willing to risk booking a trip this spring. The Dreams in Playa Mujeres looks like a find.
Old Nov 21, 20, 5:45 pm

If anyone has done this, any issues with getting the points to post? I'll be in Mexico at an Airbnb in January, and we might do this for a (just over $500) night. Definitely not worth it by itself, but for a relaxing weekend where we get almost the equivalent in points, I'd go with it.
Old Mar 2, 21, 1:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone gotten the bonus points yet?

How long does it take for the points to appear in your account? Itís been almost 2 months for me....
Old Apr 5, 21, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Update, I did get the points posted but they don't show up in past activity - it's just added directed to your account. (A bit confusing!)

I think it arrived and I didn't realize when I posted the above comment a month ago.

This said, I am missing 20,000 from the promo, since I booked during the Black Friday deals for 70,000 points and I only got 50,000. I am waiting for a response.
Old May 9, 21, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
what am I missing here. Would love to book this, but a weeklong stay at these rates in Punta Cana is almost $1000 more than we paid on an OTA.
Old Jun 15, 21, 9:19 pm

Curious if you received the additional 20,000 points, lifeisart. I unfortunately missed the 70,000 point window, but did get the promised 50,000 points a couple weeks after my stay, plus the stay points that posted almost immediately. When I look at my online statements, the stay points show up under the heading Points Earned, but the bonus points (and the signup bonus from getting their credit card) show up under a different heading, Points Adjusted. But hey, as long as they show up...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: