FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Elite Welcome gift or points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/2027246-elite-welcome-gift-points.html)

lazygrad Oct 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Elite Welcome gift or points

I've had at least gold status since the beginning of the year, but I haven't been offered nor received an Elite Welcome gift or bonus points. I just saw on the Choice site that there would be 100-250 points upon check in. I have IHG status and always got welcome points there. Is this something that's outdated on the site or never implemented? Would I have any luck calling and asking for these points for my stays this year?

lwildernorva Oct 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by lazygrad (Post 32761777)
I've had at least gold status since the beginning of the year, but I haven't been offered nor received an Elite Welcome gift or bonus points. I just saw on the Choice site that there would be 100-250 points upon check in. I have IHG status and always got welcome points there. Is this something that's outdated on the site or never implemented? Would I have any luck calling and asking for these points for my stays this year?

Of all of the major hotel loyalty programs, Choice may be the worst at acknowledging your loyalty status, much less rewarding you for it. I think it's fair to say that more than half of my Choice stays involve no recognition of my status level at check-in. This isn't a huge problem for me, because I'm really not a status guy, but a corollary of such a trend is that it's also unlikely you'll get any associated status benefits when the hotel doesn't even recognize your status level at check-in.

Brighton Line Oct 21, 2020 7:07 am

Diamond here, and I can count on one hand when a property just even mentions your status.
As for the "extras" I get points, I've had to follow up with Corporate a few times to get them posted to the account, I would wait a few weeks or as Terms say 20 days because their answer always is wait a few weeks before they do anything.
Now with Covid and less traveling I've been able to get an elite member reserved parking spot but I usually return too late to get a spot anywhere close let alone reserved one for elites.
As to room upgrades, saw it once, oh one property had electronic signs that thanked every Elite Member by first name, does that count?

Other than the properties are where I need them to be and their 8k point promotions they run is one of the best free point deal, I stay with them for that and not my elite status. Heck with the lowered requirements this year I will keep my status with one more stay and I'm not really traveling since March.

lazygrad Oct 26, 2020 1:27 pm

I looked deeper at my quarterly statement and it looks like the points are posted in batches a couple of months after the stay.