Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice promotion is broken

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Choice promotion is broken

I'm trying to do the stay two nights and earn one free night promotion while staying at Cambria hotels. The terms and conditions are clear that if you have two separate stays at a Cambria you will get a minimum of 20000 points. However, each time I complete my two stays stays the system is only awarding me 8000 points - which is how much I would receive if I had two stays at non-Cambria Choice hotels. Somehow it seems that the system is not coding this correctly.

I've tried calling customer service, but they seem totally confused and even told me that the promotion doesn't exist. However the promotion is pretty clear, it exists through September can be found on this website: https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I feel pretty annoyed and frustrated right now.

Here are the relevant terms:
"Registered members with two qualifying stays at Cambria® Hotels will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 to a maximum of 20,000 bonus points after the second qualifying stay. The number of bonus points awarded depends on the number of base points earned from the two separate qualifying stays, with points varying by hotel. The total of base points plus bonus points awarded, however, will be at least 20,000 points, which will allow redemption for a future free night at 50+ at Cambria® Hotels (subject to Cambria Free Nights section, below)."
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by AZ26
I've tried calling customer service, but they seem totally confused and even told me that the promotion doesn't exist. However the promotion is pretty clear, it exists through September can be found on this website: https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night
Just as I thought. Choice IT is a bunch of amateurs that is incapable of fixing a reported bug preventing bookings - for 2-3 weeks, and I didn't expect the promotion that is different from the past once where they have to do some more than copy and paste the code would work. Also, I don't understand how they are going to code the points that have separate expiration dates (until end of November), and it is also unclear whether these are only usable for Cambria, or other hotels in the portfolio, and whether the expiring points will be used first.

The offshore agents dread your questions, and just hope you just go away.

In other words, - choice? what's new.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:02 am
Original Poster

hmm

Originally Posted by iggyray
Just as I thought. Choice IT is a bunch of amateurs that is incapable of fixing a reported bug preventing bookings - for 2-3 weeks, and I didn't expect the promotion that is different from the past once where they have to do some more than copy and paste the code would work. Also, I don't understand how they are going to code the points that have separate expiration dates (until end of November), and it is also unclear whether these are only usable for Cambria, or other hotels in the portfolio, and whether the expiring points will be used first.

The offshore agents dread your questions, and just hope you just go away.

In other words, - choice? what's new.
I don't see anything in the terms and conditions which say that any points are expiring in November. Where do you see that? To me it reads that they are coding their IT so Cambrias cost 20,000 per night through November and after that prices will be variable again. It sounds like it's the same points as any other Choice points.

I don't get why Choice's phone agents seem so confused. They don't seem to have been briefed on any of the promotions, or understand how they work. I had to explain multiple times and she was still completely befuddled. I'm also trying to get the status match to Diamond status, but they have exceeded their stated deadline for confirming the match. I really want to move over to use Choice more, but it seems like there are a ton of issues. Once I become Diamond will I get more knowledgeable agents when I call, perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.