Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

breakfast suspended at one Choice hotel, but no info about that on Choice website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

breakfast suspended at one Choice hotel, but no info about that on Choice website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation breakfast suspended at one Choice hotel, but no info about that on Choice website

I stayed two Mondays in a row at an Ascend Collection motel in SoCal that gave breakfast (and parking) in exchange for a $5 "hotel services" fee, and Tue 3/10 morning they had the normal breakfast but when I checked in on Mon 3/16 I was told the breakfast had been suspended, and Tue 3/17 morning that was indeed the case. Since Choice was asking me for a review of my preview week's stay, I used that review to alert people to the breakfast suspension on my just-completed stay.

There was no indication of a breakfast suspension on the Choice page for that hotel then, and my review is still the only indication of that breakfast suspension on the Choice page for that hotel, two days later.

Does Choice not give their hotels the ability to make notes about service changes due to circumstance like the current health crisis?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:51 am

Last edited by mtbiker99; Mar 24, 2020 at 5:45 am
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:35 pm

I don't think they're intentionally trying to screw/mislead anyone here. Given the current situation, I doubt updating websites is on the mind of many revenue managers. Instead they're trying to figure out how many more days the hotel can be open, how long can they pay staff, which staff to lay off, and keeping an eye on their state and local governments' mumblings to see if they're going to be shut down by law. They're also probably wondering if they'll still have a job in a week or two.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KRSW
I don't think they're intentionally trying to screw/mislead anyone here. Given the current situation, I doubt updating websites is on the mind of many revenue managers. Instead they're trying to figure out how many more days the hotel can be open, how long can they pay staff, which staff to lay off, and keeping an eye on their state and local governments' mumblings to see if they're going to be shut down by law. They're also probably wondering if they'll still have a job in a week or two.
Choice has now finally added a statement in the Hotel Alerts section which for all hotels I looked at now says:

Hotel Alerts

Food and beverage options at this hotel may be limited or unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, AA,
No breakfast. Why not change advertising?? Choice = Fraud

No breakfast. Why not change advertising??

Choice is very fraudulent. I have stayed 9 nights in last 2 months with no breakfasts despite EVERY HOTEL SAYING ONLINE THAT THERE WAS A BREAKFAST??
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ord100
No breakfast. Why not change advertising??
Choice is very fraudulent. I have stayed 9 nights in last 2 months with no breakfasts despite EVERY HOTEL SAYING ONLINE THAT THERE WAS A BREAKFAST??
Every listing online no matter the Choice sub brand has the following, did you contact the hotel directly?

Hotel Alert: Some hotel features—including fitness centers, pools, food and beverage, and other amenities—may not be available at this time due to COVID-19. To help protect the safety of guests, employees and visitors, we require the use of face coverings in hotel common areas. For more information, please call your hotel directly.

Last edited by Brighton Line; Oct 19, 2020 at 7:17 am Reason: Font

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.