FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Choice | Choice Privileges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges-640/)
-   -   Get more when you stay courtesy of Choice Privileges® (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choice-choice-privileges/1986607-get-more-when-you-stay-courtesy-choice-privileges.html)

ChoiceHotels Sep 9, 2019 2:58 pm

Get more when you stay courtesy of Choice Privileges®

Get more when you stay courtesy of Choice Privileges®

At Cambria Hotels®, we specialize in serving up the little luxuries that make every stay feel indulgent. Now, Choice Privileges is taking your Cambria experience to a new level.
We’re giving you Elite benefits that start you as soon as you check in—and rewards that continue even after you’ve completed your stay. These exclusive perks include:

• $10 Cambria Credit – Redeemable at our bar and bistro, which features local craft beers on tap or at the marketplace.
  • Double Your Extras – Earn double Your Extras on weekday stays (must include a Sunday – Thursday night) and enjoy your choice of a $10 coffee gift card, $5 Uber credit, $5 Amazon gift card or 800 bonus points.
  • Diamond Elite Status Jump – Have Elite Status at another brand? If so, we’ll give you our top tier, Choice Privileges Diamond Elite Status.
  • And More – You’ll also get other Elite benefits like early check-in, late check-out and preferred parking.
Start enjoying these exceptional benefits from Choice Privileges when you book your next stay at a Cambria Hotel.

sdsearch Sep 9, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm confused. Which of these are only available at Cambria and which are available across all brands (subject to availability)?

For example, I presume the Status Match Plus is not Cambria specific, is it?

Brighton Line Sep 10, 2019 6:25 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 31508947)
I'm confused. Which of these are only available at Cambri

Go to agree with that, am I only Diamond when at Cambria if I status match?

sanmandude Sep 10, 2019 6:38 am

@ChoiceHotels, I checked the following link you posted-
https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/benefits

Where can one find more information on rollover nights & early check-in etc.? Re: Rollover nights, say for example, if a gold member has 15 nights stays altogether in a year, would 5 nights be counted towards meeting his next year's gold membership?

MiaSkye89 Sep 11, 2019 8:47 am

When do rollover nights start, I have like 100 nights now, and will have 120 before year's end
Am I good for a few years now? ;)

And as for early check in, how does that work? There is one hotel that is placed very convenient to a customer that I have to work with on overnight shift, but they want a "$30 early check in fee" to be asleep during the day, so I am staying almost 20 miles away at a more friendly hotel that does not charge a fee.

And since everyone gets the long reward booking window now, shouldn't loyal members get something more on that?

ChoiceHotels Sep 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 31508947)
I'm confused. Which of these are only available at Cambria and which are available across all brands (subject to availability)?

For example, I presume the Status Match Plus is not Cambria specific, is it?

Great questions! Some of these perks are already available across the program. Starting September 9th, when you stay at a Cambria the perks to this aspect of the Choice Privileges program take you to the Next Level. The credit is a Cambria exclusive benefit, along with the doubled Your Extras. Status Match is extended to any members who have elite status with another brand. After staying at a Cambria on or after September 9th, you'll be eligible to match your top tier status with Status Match Plus. Check out this link for more details on our website. We are here to help with any other questions if they come up. Thanks for reaching out! *Julio

ChoiceHotels Sep 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Brighton Line (Post 31509715)
Go to agree with that, am I only Diamond when at Cambria if I status match?

Your Diamond status would be active at our entire family of hotels, not just at Cambria. Although, the Next Level Rewards would only be eligible to earn at our Cambria properties. I hope this helps to clarify a bit further. We appreciate your loyalty and patronage. *Julio

ChoiceHotels Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by sanmandude (Post 31509749)
@ChoiceHotels, I checked the following link you posted-
https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/benefits

Where can one find more information on rollover nights & early check-in etc.? Re: Rollover nights, say for example, if a gold member has 15 nights stays altogether in a year, would 5 nights be counted towards meeting his next year's gold membership?

This link is an excellent start to finding out more. Early check-in, late check-out, and preferred parking would be subject to availability. We suggest contacting the property directly as they would be the best source of information on these offerings. The Rollover Nights benefit works just as you posed. Those five nights would count toward meeting next year's Gold Membership. We hope you get to visit soon! *Julio

ChoiceHotels Sep 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by MiaSkye89 (Post 31513873)
When do rollover nights start, I have like 100 nights now, and will have 120 before year's end
Am I good for a few years now? ;)

And as for early check in, how does that work? There is one hotel that is placed very convenient to a customer that I have to work with on overnight shift, but they want a "$30 early check in fee" to be asleep during the day, so I am staying almost 20 miles away at a more friendly hotel that does not charge a fee.

And since everyone gets the long reward booking window now, shouldn't loyal members get something more on that?

Rollover Nights are currently in effect, and at your current rate, you could probably earn lifetime elite membership status. Send us a message with your member number to find out more. The number of nights you have accumulated will help solidify your status for next year. Early check-in is subject to hotel availability. I would suggest contacting the hotel for more details on this offering. Please know we are open to any feedback you want to contribute toward improving our program. We hear you! Thank you for being part of the Choice Privileges family! *Julio

sanmandude Sep 14, 2019 8:24 am

@ChoiceHotels, I know you can check out late by up to 2 hours. What's the general policy about how early can you check in?

Cyberian Sep 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels (Post 31522236)
Rollover Nights are currently in effect, and at your current rate, you could probably earn lifetime elite membership status. *Julio

I find "Rollover Nights" and "...lifetime elite membership status," intriguing. The other guys have been winning my business mostly because it works for me where I'm currently at.
A little incentive could possibly sway my decision...
I don't remember how many nights are rollover, but it's less than 50. I left home in late March and have been home once, for 3.5 days, with a few weekend excursions to other brand properties

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e4419ea571.jpg

MiaSkye89 Sep 25, 2019 12:09 am

Are you talking about lifetime Gold, or something higher?

because I was given lifetime Gold years ago

thunderdeacon Sep 25, 2019 3:36 am

I have been a Diamond for about 3 years now, and the extra perks are hit or miss but improving. The offering of a property amenity has improved over previous years, and I have been offered the appropriate drink/snack or points about 75% of the time so far this year. I am signed up for the Starbucks Card "extra," and that is almost always in my email immediately after check-in, even at economy properties. Early check-in / check-out is where things get dicey. At a Comfort Inn in Washington DC and an Econo Lodge in Orlando, I tried to check-in around noon when I arrived in town. In both cases, I was told that a room was ready, but I would have to pay a fee to check-in early. So, "based on availability," I should have been entitled to check-in. However, in both cases, despite politely informing them that I was a Diamond and eligible for early check-in, they still said they had to charge the early check-in fee.

In many non-resort areas, my experience is that most Choice hotels will let you check-in early if a room is ready whether you have status or not. Therefore, in its current implementation, I think this benefit is kind of pointless if it is not going to be enforced. Also, in my experience, the Elite Customer Hotline is just a virtual construction that is not substantially different from the regular customer service line. In my experience, it has the same agents and the same wait times as the regular line.

davistev Sep 27, 2019 7:10 am

It would seem that complimentary room upgrades are no longer a Diamond benefit. It has been removed from the chart . Why?

ChoiceHotels Sep 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by sanmandude (Post 31524215)
@ChoiceHotels, I know you can check out late by up to 2 hours. What's the general policy about how early can you check in?

This perk would vary by hotel and is usually subject to room availability. We suggest contacting the hotel you are seeking to occupy for more details. Thanks for dropping by! *Julio