Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Diamond Reservation Guarantee-Told to book somewhere else

Old Jun 30, 19, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hy Dia,Choice Dia,MR Plt,PCR Plt,HH Gd, SPG Gd,Carlson Sil, CO Plt, UA Prem Exec, DL FO, Hertz #1GD

Booked a suburban extended stay, went to check in around 6pm for a 4 night reservation and was told no rooms available. I explained I had a reservation and was told no rooms even though website was still selling 2 different room types.
Asked front desk what the policy is and if they were just going to walk me to another property. Front desk told me to just call around and see who has a room.
Basically told me F off and claimed management for overbooking stating it happens all the time.

Really disappointed how this unfolded. I see why Marriott offers cash to top tier in this situation.

Anyone have experience with this? Couldn't locate a policy on choice site. I would of thought at a minimum they would move me to another property.
Old Jul 1, 19, 8:03 am

Only found a reward night walk policy... https://www.choiceadvantage.com/webh...mation_SRD.htm #13

My experience Choice brands are terrible at recognizing elite members but I'm stuck at one specific location for work right now and the 8K for 2 stays is pretty good.
Have you called Choice?
jackal likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hy Dia,Choice Dia,MR Plt,PCR Plt,HH Gd, SPG Gd,Carlson Sil, CO Plt, UA Prem Exec, DL FO, Hertz #1GD
I haven't called yet. I have a long drive this evening or in the morning and I was going to call.
I don't expect much as far as recognition. I have never got anything from choice elite outside of the points bonus.

That's fine, but this is BS. Could have at least called around and found another hotel for me.
Old Jul 16, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
Why would anyone mention Marriott on a Choice thread? Am typing from a fairly decent Comfort Inn. Status matched this year with Best Western and starting out on the bottom with Choice just to take advantage of promos and find cheaper lodging. I would NEVER expect anything on a service level from these lower chains. Not that I'm all that experienced with the brand. After two stays, it's my expert opinion.

I have not been disappointed with stays in BW or Choice. If Hilton and Marriott had not been so disappointing the past year, this new experiment would not have happened.
Old Sep 12, 19, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Alaska 75K, Avianca, British Airways
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post

I have not been disappointed with stays in BW or Choice. If Hilton and Marriott had not been so disappointing the past year, this new experiment would not have happened.
I hear you. I am Hilton Diamond and I am very happy with Choice Hotels when I travel to small town USA. They are no worse than many Hampton Inns I have stayed in but the "stay 2 nights get one free" is an incredible promotion.

The hotels are fine. I am still on the lookout for a vibrating bed at the Roadway Inn. Hehehe

Search this Thread
Search Engine: