Booking a points reservation for my spouse

Old Jun 8, 19, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Booking a points reservation for my spouse

Hi, my wife and I were going to go on a bike trip from Pittsburgh to DC. She can't make it now. However, I will still be going with my friend. Are there any issues if she books the nights on points from her account and I check in (she will not be there). Do people call the hotel in this situation?
Old Jun 19, 19, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesonmission View Post
Hi, my wife and I were going to go on a bike trip from Pittsburgh to DC. She can't make it now. However, I will still be going with my friend. Are there any issues if she books the nights on points from her account and I check in (she will not be there). Do people call the hotel in this situation?
When you make the reservation (or modify it) put the name of the person who will be checking in. I've done this a few times for family members, all without incident.
Old Jul 7, 19, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
When you make the reservation (or modify it) put the name of the person who will be checking in. I've done this a few times for family members, all without incident.
It doesn't look like that is an option anymore. The name is hard coded and can't be edited. I guess my wife will call.
Old Jul 8, 19, 4:18 pm

She can call the hotel and expalin or you can call choice central reservations and they will add in the notes that the booking is for you and that she won't be there.I call and book for my parents all the time. My name shows on the reservation, but they have never had a problem checking in.
Old Jul 16, 19, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Using the online bookings’ comments field to mention the name of the checking-in guest has worked for all my Choice bookings, but then it requires having the hotel check-in rep use the name and confirmation number as those two things show up on the booking itself.

Search this Thread