Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Nordic Choice Hotels not currently redeemable using Choice Privileges points

Old May 15, 19, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Apparently all the Nordic Choice hotels that used to be redeemable with Choice points are no longer a redemption option using Choice points.
Old May 15, 19, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Add to it Japan and China!
Old May 15, 19, 9:03 am

I couldn't find anything in Ecuador, Panama, Costa Rica and Roatan (Honduras). Not buying more points today.
Old May 15, 19, 9:23 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Shows when trying to book that August 24th is the last day to redeem, if that's the case Choice did a terrible job letting customers know
Old May 15, 19, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by zabes64 View Post
Shows when trying to book that August 24th is the last day to redeem, if that's the case Choice did a terrible job letting customers know
August 24th is just the 100 day mark. That is how far out you can book with Choice points. Make no mistake - Nordic Choice Hotels have no award availability. Period. Doesn't matter which city or date. I had been following these closely everyday because of the Daily Getaways deal today - and the availability was all there earlier this week. Hopefully it's a technical glitch - but I have called their customer service and the agent told me "you can not redeem privilege points at Nordic Choice properties" and I said "since when?" and his response was "since always". Which obviously is not true. But he said he was reading something off his screen saying you can't redeem points with the Nordic locations... Really hope it's not true.
Old May 15, 19, 9:39 am

Subject should read: Choice Hotels outside the US not currently redeemable using Choice Privileges points

Spain has had all award inventory zeroed out. Vast majority of properties in France / Italy too.
Old May 15, 19, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by mster View Post
Subject should read: Choice Hotels outside the US not currently redeemable using Choice Privileges points

Spain has had all award inventory zeroed out. Vast majority of properties in France / Italy too.
But there are still non-US properties available - I've seen plenty. It's the Nordic Choice properties that are completely blocked (and apparently Japan and China too).
Old May 15, 19, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by senatorbrown View Post
But there are still non-US properties available - I've seen plenty. It's the Nordic Choice properties that are completely blocked (and apparently Japan and China too).
All of Scandinavia, Japan, Brazil, Spain and Czech are blocked. The vast majority of Germany / France / Italy too. Most international properties are definitely blocked.
Old May 15, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I can see reward night availability in London, Paris and Rome. Munich yes, Frankfurt no.

No reward nights I can find for any Choice Hotels in Czechia and Vienna blocked out too.

All Nordic Choice Hotels unavailable.
Old May 15, 19, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by senatorbrown View Post
But there are still non-US properties available).
Exactly. Still see New Zealand or a bunch of European countries.
Old May 15, 19, 10:35 am

Just spent the last 30minutes trying to search for any availability in Japan until I found this thread. I am sure that it worked just several days before because I was planning for my trip and have been watching closely. Now I save money by not buying the daily getaway package!
Old May 15, 19, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by ftakak View Post
Just spent the last 30minutes trying to search for any availability in Japan until I found this thread. I am sure that it worked just several days before because I was planning for my trip and have been watching closely. Now I save money by not buying the daily getaway package!
Yes, I believe Monday award space was available.
Old May 15, 19, 10:41 am

Just called in. Tried to book a property less than 100 days out that I've booked previously with points. Agent confirmed that the property I requested should be bookable and that they couldn't understand why it was not. Said they would look into it further. No other actionable info from the call.
Old May 15, 19, 11:19 am

Programs: AF P, DL DM, BA S, HH G, MR P
I also called in right now. They know nothing. I talked to a supervisor, he said if they try to book, they see no availability for any date (well... such a piece of news) and they have no information if it would back or not someday.

Considering how widespread the issue is. I hoped they would know what's going on. I tend to think it's a technical glitch, but...

Last edited by urww; May 15, 19 at 12:46 pm
Old May 15, 19, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by urww View Post
I also called in right now. They know nothing. I talked to supervisor, he said if they try to book, they see no availability for any date (well... such a piece of news) and they have no information if it would back or not someday.

Considering how widespread the issue is. I hoped they would know what's going on. I tend to think it's a technical glitch, but...
I too think there is some kind of technical glitch involved, but I'm wondering why it hit in this particular way and what is the background behind this situation. Not that I expect any Choice rep answering the phone or on FT to say a whole lot more than whether or not this is a technical glitch and when we can expect the properties to again be available for point redemption.

Search this Thread