Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Nordic Choice Hotels not currently redeemable using Choice Privileges points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nordic Choice Hotels not currently redeemable using Choice Privileges points

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 11:46 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The manager at Porto (Portugal) last summer was not happy that I booked with points, which were a good value even at the peak season points price. That hotel dropped out of Choice recently. I wonder if that will be a trend.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Not that I expect any Choice rep answering the phone or on FT to say a whole lot more than whether or not this is a technical glitch and when we can expect the properties to again be available for point redemption.
Me neither. The first agent I talked to asked me spell by letters Stockholm, coz he didn't what city I was talking about. However I would think the program could have sent a memo to agents about what's going on ('Due to technical reasons all/most international properties are not available for redemptions as of May 15, 2019. We're working on fixing that'). Considering it's not an isolated to 1-2-3 hotels, but affects a wast majority of international properties.

On the other hand I assume Choice would put a notice of some kind about ending of participation of hundreds of hotels if it's not a glitch (or again at least notify agents with a memo). The absence of that notification and a sudden nature of what's happened makes me think it's a glitch.

In any case while I googled and called I missed almost everything, was able to snag just 2x28 packages, all 42 and 50 were gone.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:00 pm

this happened a few years ago, the choice rep popped up here on FT and said they were working on it. and eventually the online bookability came back. least I hope so just bought a bunch more on daily getaways
Old May 15, 2019, 1:04 pm

From the last time

Last edited by w0r1dtrave1er; May 16, 2019 at 12:51 am
Old May 16, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
this happened a few years ago, the choice rep popped up here on FT and said they were working on it. and eventually the online bookability came back. least I hope so just bought a bunch more on daily getaways
Yeah, it took them around a month to recognize there is a problem, and around a month to fix it. So, don't hold your breath.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by iggyray
Yeah, it took them around a month to recognize there is a problem, and around a month to fix it. So, don't hold your breath.
Seems it took a while for their rep to acknowledge the problem, but then fixed in a week or so. I know we are all waiting to book award nights over summer, so hopefully this gets fixed quickly this year. I took August off instead of July this year so I'm feeling a bit less pressure. But I also backed up the truck yesterday so I really hope this is another temporary problem and not an unannounced devaluation of CP
Old May 16, 2019, 9:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iggyray
And it came back with a bit of a price hike, at least for newer properties.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Are the Bluegreen Vacation properties all blocked from point redemptions too?
Old May 16, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are the Bluegreen Vacation properties all blocked from point redemptions too?
I believe you are correct. At least the Vegas location seems to be all sold out no matter which day you choose. It might be the same issue - award availability isn't getting loaded properly.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum
I reached out to Jamie Russo, Vice President Loyalty Programs and Customer Engagement. He said that "it appears to be a glitch" and he will flag it to IT.

Last edited by gregman858; May 17, 2019 at 6:31 pm
Old May 17, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by gregman858
I reached out to Jamie Russo, Vice President Loyalty Programs and Customer Engagement. She said that "it appears to be a glitch" and she will flag it to IT.
well done gregman858!!
Old May 17, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by gregman858
I reached out to Jamie Russo, Vice President Loyalty Programs and Customer Engagement. She said that "it appears to be a glitch" and she will flag it to IT.
excellent! Any timeline given? Perhaps they couldn't inform their call centers in the Philippines and El Salvador. Every rep I get there acts as if you've never been able to redeem points in Scandinavia... one person even said "it's because they use a different currency so you can't use points." I wonder if their script doesn't allow them to acknowledge mistakes or errors - because never once have I heard them even hesitate and go, "huh, that's odd". Keeping the entire company in the loop, even those that are outsourced, is important.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:53 am

Unfortunately, they didn't give me any timeline. He just told me that he was going to make the issue known to IT.

Last edited by gregman858; May 17, 2019 at 6:29 pm
Old May 17, 2019, 12:55 pm

Some of them are starting to come back. Check your dates guys!
Old May 17, 2019, 1:05 pm

Just received another email from Jamie-it has been fixed!
a330300 and Don.Majik.Juan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.