Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Grand Hotel (Ascend) Summit County/Breckenridge, Colorado

Old May 1, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed

The 216-room hotel in Frisco, Colorado (Summit County/Breckenridge) as of April 16 is no longer a Holiday Inn.

Avoid this property at all cost. There's never any hot water, pool is constantly inoperable, Fire Marshall currently has a portion of the building PLUS commercial kitchen and restaurant shut down, and the owner used his master key to enter a female guest's room (to assault her).

So, avoid. Probably better just to sleep in your car.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I’ve stayed here several times on short weekend ski trips. Didn’t seem bad. I never ate at the property. Location was convenient to breck and keystone. Good use of ihg points.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
The 216-room hotel in Frisco, Colorado (Summit County/Breckenridge) as of April 16 is no longer a Holiday Inn.

Avoid this property at all cost. There's never any hot water, pool is constantly inoperable, Fire Marshall currently has a portion of the building PLUS commercial kitchen and restaurant shut down, and the owner used his master key to enter a female guest's room (to assault her).

So, avoid. Probably better just to sleep in your car.
You have made some serious charges. Do you have any links to substantiate your charges. If not, they should be removed.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This year's online reviews of this property are very brutal. The reviews are so bad that I can see why IHG/Holiday Inn wanted nothing to do with this property. I can't speak to any criminal behavior perpetrated at this hotel by the owner or anyone else, but the owner of the property definitely has issues when the online reviews of the property are so negative and seem to be rather legitimate complaints about the property and its management.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
..sorry, typed up a thorough response and lost it, about to get on a flight with no WiFi and am at 7% battery power, here's a link for now:

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/cri...e-guests-room/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.