Prepaid Rate Not Charged?

Old Jan 5, 19, 3:15 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Prepaid Rate Not Charged?

I have a future stay on a holiday weekend where hotels are filling up fast due to both the holiday and a convention occurring on the same weekend.

I booked a "Pay Now and Save Later (Member)" rate over a week ago and it's supposed to be a prepaid rate; as the reservation says "Your credit card will be charged for the total amount within 24 - 48 hours of booking." However, it's been over a week, and I haven't been charged yet. Am I at risk for my reservation being cancelled? The reservation status on the Choice website says "Reservation Status: Reserved"

I've stayed at other Choice properties before, including this brand (Comfort Suites) and they've always charged my card right away.
Old Jan 7, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: none
At least three options

1. You can always ask the hotel directly.

Call them, mail them, email them, or go in person if you can.

2. Or, do the same with Choice and see if the reservation is valid.

3. Do nothing and hope for the best.
Old Jan 7, 19, 12:45 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
I stay at 40+ Choice properties a year and when I've had to do this it has been mixed results as to when I am charged. I think it comes down to the individual hotel. Some do it right away, some don't charge until the day before or of check-in. I've never had a pre-book that didn't charge me right away tell me I don't have a reservation.

Search this Thread