Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

All members now get 100 award booking window

Old Aug 25, 18, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

100 day award booking window for everyone now. I've seen this mentioned on a few blogs. Obviously great news if you're non-elite. But it's a mixed blessing if you are elite, because now you might face some additional competition for the (few) highly desirable Choice properties. It also makes me wonder what's the point of being elite. A modest welcome gift? It seems almost ridiculous.
Old Aug 25, 18, 11:40 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
100 day award booking window for everyone now. I've seen this mentioned on a few blogs.
The blogs were all very late to this news, because they don't follow Choice closely enough to regularly read this Choice forum on FT. Here, it was known to us several months ago (in the above-linked thread).
Old Aug 26, 18, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
The blogs were all very late to this news, because they don't follow Choice closely enough to regularly read this Choice forum on FT. Here, it was known to us several months ago (in the above-linked thread).
Ha! I'm late to this news, too -- and I've purchased a few hundred thousand Choice points in the Daily Getaways promo so i have some incentive to pay a little attention. I'm am a Choice platinum member so the difference isn't that huge, and since I haven't been travelling this year to the handful of foreign destinations where there are exceptional Choice opportunities, I suppose I haven't been too vigilant about the Choice booking window. That said, I am headed to a smallish college town for a football game this fall (where demand can be high and Choice points can be a very good deal) and it seemed like they wouldn't let me book my award stay more than 60 days in advance. So I'm surprised that you say this rule changed "several months ago."
Old Aug 27, 18, 2:36 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Ha! I'm late to this news, too -- and I've purchased a few hundred thousand Choice points in the Daily Getaways promo so i have some incentive to pay a little attention. I'm am a Choice platinum member so the difference isn't that huge, and since I haven't been travelling this year to the handful of foreign destinations where there are exceptional Choice opportunities, I suppose I haven't been too vigilant about the Choice booking window. That said, I am headed to a smallish college town for a football game this fall (where demand can be high and Choice points can be a very good deal) and it seemed like they wouldn't let me book my award stay more than 60 days in advance. So I'm surprised that you say this rule changed "several months ago."
Choice changing rules, Choice IT implementing the new rules and Choice hotels following the rules are in my experience three totally different and seemingly unrelated things...
GUWonder, jackal, sdsearch and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 27, 18, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'm surprised that you say this rule changed "several months ago."
Please read the other thread (which dates from early May). The rule change was first seen several months ago in one place on Choice's website but then contradictory stuff showed up other places on their website, and people were getting all sorts of errors (even worse than you only getting 60 days) for a while, not everyone was seeing the same results for a while, etc, etc, etc.

But that doesn't change the fact that the new rule was first announced by Choice "several months ago". (Well, like I said, read that thread: "announced" may be overstating it, it was so strangely worded, some people thought it was just a mistake at first.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 27, 18 at 7:47 pm
Old Aug 27, 18, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Please read the other thread (which dates from early May). The rule change was first seen several months ago in one place on Choice's website but then contradictory stuff showed up other places on their website, and people were getting all sorts of errors (even worse than you only getting 60 days) for a while, not everyone was seeing the same results for a while, etc, etc, etc.

But that doesn't change the fact that the new rule was first announced by Choice "several months ago". (Well, like I said, read that thread: "announced" may be overstating it, it was so strangely worded, some people thought it was just a mistake at first.)
I have been trying to book a room for December 2nd for the past several days (within 100 days now) with no luck. The latest I can book is November 30th and that has been the case for the past 4 days. I tried on the app and the booking failed with the message that I cannot book until within 30 days. Earlier I called the reservation number and reached someone in a foreign country who was of no help.

Tomorrow, I'll try to see if I can reach someone online.
Old Aug 28, 18, 12:04 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
I flagged this to their twitter team - no reply. Their email [email protected] is bouncing emails back. I've been chasing them for 5 days now, with no feedback on what is going on whatsoever.
No rewards bookings are possible past December 1, but the Scandic group, and I am a Diamond. Even if they decided to backtrack on 100 days for everyone.

Last edited by iggyray; Aug 28, 18 at 12:07 pm Reason: typos
Old Aug 31, 18, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Update to booking problem

Originally Posted by merle123 View Post
I have been trying to book a room for December 2nd for the past several days (within 100 days now) with no luck. The latest I can book is November 30th and that has been the case for the past 4 days. I tried on the app and the booking failed with the message that I cannot book until within 30 days. Earlier I called the reservation number and reached someone in a foreign country who was of no help.

Tomorrow, I'll try to see if I can reach someone online.
As of late afternoon, reward bookings on and after December 1st are available.

Search this Thread