Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Are there any Choice Hotels that have restaurants and free breakfast?

Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Delta Platinum, Alaska MVP, United Silver, Hilton Silver,

How about room service? I don't expect them to bring up my free breakfast I was thinking about at night if I was hungry. Also are there any Choice Hotels that have "dinner" like how the Drury Inn does?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by yonikasz
How about room service? I don't expect them to bring up my free breakfast I was thinking about at night if I was hungry. Also are there any Choice Hotels that have "dinner" like how the Drury Inn does?
Yes, there are Choice hotels with free breakfast and on site restaurants. You need to look at their Ascend Collection brand of hotels. Example: In the Buffalo NY area both Ascend Hotel properties have a restaurant on site with free breakfast:

Curtis Hotel:
https://www.choicehotels.com/new-yor...d-hotels/ny633

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel:
https://www.choicehotels.com/new-yor...-hotels/ny587/
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but it's all up to the individual hotel. So don't make any program-wide assumptions.

And don't assume that just because a hotel has a restaurant that it has room service outside of restaurant hours. Again, it's up to the individual hotel what the hours of any room service are, just as it's up to the hotel what the hours of any restaurant are.

Plus, many Choice properties in the US that don't have a restaurant have "room service" cards in the rooms, with the "room service" provided by a third party which uses a combination of offsite restaurants (but I've never used it, only glanced at it, and so I don't know what typical hour restrictions there might be). But again not all Choice properties have this.

There is no Choice brand that always has a restaurant AFAIK. A Clarion might, but it might only have a limited-hours "bistro" (think Courtyard but even more limited). Some Ascends do, but not all. And even a hotel that does have a restaurant (in any hotel program), it might be closed on the particular night (or morning!) that you're there. That's up to the hotel!

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:58 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
The Atherton in State College always gives me a coupon for 1 free breakfast during my stay. They also have room service. The restaurant isn't anything special, but at least they have a restaurant.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Delta Platinum, Alaska MVP, United Silver, Hilton Silver,
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but it's all up to the individual hotel. So don't make any program-wide assumptions.

And don't assume that just because a hotel has a restaurant that it has room service outside of restaurant hours. Again, it's up to the individual hotel what the hours of any room service are, just as it's up to the hotel what the hours of any restaurant are.

Plus, many Choice properties in the US that don't have a restaurant have "room service" cards in the rooms, with the "room service" provided by a third party which uses a combination of offsite restaurants (but I've never used it, only glanced at it, and so I don't know what typical hour restrictions there might be). But again not all Choice properties have this.

There is no Choice brand that always has a restaurant AFAIK. A Clarion might, but it might only have a limited-hours "bistro" (think Courtyard but even more limited). Some Ascends do, but not all. And even a hotel that does have a restaurant (in any hotel program), it might be closed on the particular night (or morning!) that you're there. That's up to the hotel!
I know not every Clarion, or Quality etc has free breakfast, but will each hotel in each brand that does have free breakfast have the same food for breakfast?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know not every Clarion, or Quality etc has free breakfast, but will each hotel in each brand that does have free breakfast have the same food for breakfast?
I doubt it about Clarion.

At Quality, it's semi-standard, except just when I assumed that every Quality in the US has both skim milk and other (probably 2%) milk, I stayed at a Quality that only had 1 kind of milk (2% I think). (I only like skim milk with my cereal, so I was dismayed by this difference.)

And that brand standards only exist in the US. They can very in every other country. I was amazed to find hardboiled eggs at an EconoLodge in Canada, I never see that at EconoLodges in the US. In the US, you have to go to Comfort if you want hard-boiled eggs, none of the other brands have them consistently (and the non-hard-boiled eggs are almost universally powdered eggs at USA Choice hotels, if not at a true restaurant).

Since I hate powdered eggs, that's why I depend on the skim milk (for cereal I bring with me) at Quality (for one-night stays, anyway; on a multi-night stay, I can just buy the milk and keep it in the mini-fridge, which most Choice rooms have).
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Nordic Choice Clarion hotels have included (free) breakfast always and a restaurant for other meals. The NC Clarion hotels’ restaurants charge for restaurant food, while the NC Clarion Collection hotels’ restaurants charge for various drinks but not for the restaurant food even as breakfast is included (free) as a brand standard.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:41 am

I know that the Quality Inn O'Hare has a full, independent, restaurant. The restaurant space provides a free breakfast in the morning.

Btw, I have had hard boiled eggs in certain EconoLodge locations. On the other hand, I have had very limited breakfast options at some Quality's.

Last edited by heresabe; Jul 18, 2018 at 7:42 am Reason: missed a word
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello - Los Angeles has a full restaurant.

Most of the Quality Inn's otherwise have a kitchen only used for serving breakfast.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heresabe
I
Btw, I have had hard boiled eggs in certain EconoLodge locations.
In the US? Or outside the US only?

The one time I had hard-boiled eggs at EconoLodge was in Canada (in a town south of Banff National Park in Alberta).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I've stayed at 2-3 Quality Inns over the last year or two that serve breakfast in an actual attached restaurant, but in all cases, it was just the regular Quality Inn breakfast items. :/
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
The Quality Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront has a restaurant with room service and a bar as well as the normal Choice breakfast. A portion of the restaurant is curtained off to create the breakfast area. The breakfast is the standard buffet--no individual preparations.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:02 am

EconoLodge breakfast

To sdsearch... I believe hard boiled eggs were avaialble @ an EconoLodge in Orlando.

Last edited by heresabe; Jul 31, 2018 at 9:26 am Reason: to quote original message
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I had hard boiled eggs at the econolodge in Escondido, ca in July. They were the only thing in the counter top mini fridge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.