The Giacomo, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Old May 29, 18, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: human being triple secret platinum
The Giacomo, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Recently completed a two night stay at the Giacomo in Niagara Falls, New York, and though I'd share my thoughts:

PRO: The building is a gorgeous piece of early 20th century architectures, one of the oldest and tallest buildings in Niagara Falls. Inside, the decor has a very classy baroque/art deco feel. We used 20k Choice points to book a 1 bedroom "Platinum Suite", and with paid rates approaching $300 a night, this was a great value for Choice points (~1.5 cents/point). Morning breakfast buffet (free) was good, and there was also an evening cocktail reception from 5-7pm on the 19th floor "Skyview Lounge", which has a 360 degree panorama of both the town and the falls themselves (though views from the New York side, wherever you are, are limited). A staff member also came to our room each night at 9pm with milk and cookies! As for location, it's less than 5 minutes from the Niagara Falls State Park and the wonderful "Maid of the Mist" and "Cave of the Winds" attractions. About a 10 minute walk from the Rainbow Bridge to Canada.

CON: Aside from this upscale property, the rest of the NY side of the falls is rundown and tired, and not nearly as glittery/touristy as the Canadian side.

OVERALL: Undoubtedly the best option on the NY side of the falls, with friendly staff and posh accommodations. Great value for Choice point redemptions.
Old Jun 12, 18, 1:02 pm

We're heading here next month. I love how we were offered any room in the hotel for the same flat 30,000 points. We could have chosen a 2-bedroom suite, valued at $650/N but that seemed greedy since we were only a couple. I reserved a 1-bedroom suite, valued at $380 instead.

Search this Thread