Which OSL hotel?

Old May 24, 18, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Which OSL hotel?

Does anyone have any experience with the 3 OSL hotels? We're flying in from LYR, arriving at 5:30 am, so I was thinking of booking the previous night, showing up in the early morning, and begging for a 1 or 2 pm checkout. Which of the 3 OSL hotels would be best? Is the Clarion slightly nicer than the Comfort Inn? It looks like the Quality Inn is a bit farther out, but they claim they have free airport transportation, whereas the Clarion and the Comfort Inn have a somewhat expensive shuttle. Does the Clarion provide a free supper as well as the breakfast?
Old May 24, 18, 2:59 pm

I assume you want one near Gardermoen vs Oslo central. The only one that seems to have dinner is Quality Hotel Olavsgaard ("A restaurant, a cafeteria, as well as a bar are located on the property. Drengestuen offers light meals, while Spisestuen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our kitchen has high standards and menus are replaced seasonally according to access to raw materials. ")

Clarion, I think, generally is a hotel brand that's "nicer" than Comfort. As for Quality Hotel Gardermoen, it says they have an airport shuttle "for an additional charge" - the Clarion also charges a fee for an airport shuttle. That's what it says on the Choice website so maybe you're looking at a special rate elsewhere?

At this rate, they all seem similar so it's up to you what you think is best. One has a sauna, so if that's something you'd like to utilize, that might be best, another has a free newspaper etc. It seems like a toss up over which is best.

Search this Thread