Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

General Members’ Award Booking Window Increased to 100 days!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General Members’ Award Booking Window Increased to 100 days!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I can get 100 days out at Scandinavian choice properties logged into my Platinum account.
​​​​​​​Can you actually book the rooms though? I can see available room inventory in a non-elite account, but when I try to select it I get a generic error message. I can never actually get through yo the final booking screen (with the 15:00 countdown).
Old May 11, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by mster
Can you actually book the rooms though? I can see available room inventory in a non-elite account, but when I try to select it I get a generic error message. I can never actually get through yo the final booking screen (with the 15:00 countdown).
Don't have enough points to test at the moment. Will give it a shot in 2 weeks when I'm at the 100 day mark for my next booking and I'll transfer the Amex points over.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Now the previous booking window verbiage for general members, Gold, and Platinum elite members is back on the Choice membership levels web page (link referenced above by sdsearch and copied/pasted below by me - see my bolded text). ChoiceHotels- What's going on?
No, that's not the previous booking window verbage. It was previously a minimum of 60 days internationally (only 30 days in your home region), and that is not mentioned in the current wording.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, that's not the previous booking window verbage. It was previously a minimum of 60 days internationally (only 30 days in your home region), and that is not mentioned in the current wording.
Yeah, no idea what is going on with Choice right now.

Either the 60 day international window for non-elites is being phased out or the terms and conditions have been "modified" so many times at this point that they no longer reflect the actual program?
Old May 13, 2018, 3:17 pm

I agree with you on what the previous booking window policy was. But I’m pretty sure that ‘membership levels page’ didn’t get into that much detail to cover the international component, I believe that was only spelled out in the ‘Rules and Regulations’ but maybe I’m wrong. In any event, the last I looked the ‘Rules and Regulations’ still haven’t been updated yet.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:12 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by mster
Yeah, no idea what is going on with Choice right now.

Either the 60 day international window for non-elites is being phased out or the terms and conditions have been "modified" so many times at this point that they no longer reflect the actual program?
Thank you so much for your interest in Choice Hotels and the Choice Privileges program. It is greatly appreciated.

I would like to apologize on behalf of Choice Hotels for any inconvenience you may have experienced searching for Reward Nights the past few days. I can confirm that the booking window has changed, and all members will be able to search and redeem points for Reward Nights as far as 100 days in advance of arrival at all participating Choice Hotels worldwide.

We are aware that some of the messaging regarding confirming Reward Nights is not displaying correctly on the website and may prevent you from confirming a reservation outside of the current booking window for your elite status. Currently, when logged into your online profile and searching for a Reward Night, the site will return a message stating that it can only be reserved up to the limit of the previous booking window determined by your current elite status. If you have not already done so, try bypassing the error message by clicking or tapping CONTINUE and you may be able to reserve a Reward Night up to 100 days in advance of arrival. I understand that some members have been able to confirm reservations using this workaround and others have not.

If this has not been the case, would you be so kind as to send us a private message with your Choice Privileges membership number and information on the hotel you are trying to confirm? Please also include your dates of travel. We would love to check into this further, so you may take advantage of this exciting new feature. In the meantime, you may certainly reserve a Reward Night by contacting our central reservations team by phone.

Please know that our teams are working diligently to have this corrected and we thank you for your patience while we take care of this. Please be assured that we know confirming Reward Nights is important and we want everyone to be able to take advantage of this new feature going forward. I regret that I cannot provide an estimate as to when these items will be corrected, but I can say it will definitely be sooner rather than later. Again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for your interest in Choice Privileges. We look forward to your next stay with Choice Hotels.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:44 pm

Well I tried send private messages to you but it saying " ChoiceHotels has chosen not to receive private messages" I tried book 07/11-07/13 COMFORT HOTEL TOKYO HIGASHI NIHOMBASHI it show up 8000 points available, but when proceed keep getting: "Sorry, we could not book the rooms you requested. Click continue to view rates and select another room". ........I tried same date for COMFORT HOTEL TOKYO HIGASHI KANDA, it just keep showing " CAN BE BOOKED WITH POINTS FOR STAYS BEFORE JUNE 14, 2018" .....Both hotels have regular room available and no black out policy apply, it's very annoying website doesn't work, Can you please check what's going on

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Thank you so much for your interest in Choice Hotels and the Choice Privileges program. It is greatly appreciated.

I would like to apologize on behalf of Choice Hotels for any inconvenience you may have experienced searching for Reward Nights the past few days. I can confirm that the booking window has changed, and all members will be able to search and redeem points for Reward Nights as far as 100 days in advance of arrival at all participating Choice Hotels worldwide.

We are aware that some of the messaging regarding confirming Reward Nights is not displaying correctly on the website and may prevent you from confirming a reservation outside of the current booking window for your elite status. Currently, when logged into your online profile and searching for a Reward Night, the site will return a message stating that it can only be reserved up to the limit of the previous booking window determined by your current elite status. If you have not already done so, try bypassing the error message by clicking or tapping CONTINUE and you may be able to reserve a Reward Night up to 100 days in advance of arrival. I understand that some members have been able to confirm reservations using this workaround and others have not.

If this has not been the case, would you be so kind as to send us a private message with your Choice Privileges membership number and information on the hotel you are trying to confirm? Please also include your dates of travel. We would love to check into this further, so you may take advantage of this exciting new feature. In the meantime, you may certainly reserve a Reward Night by contacting our central reservations team by phone.

Please know that our teams are working diligently to have this corrected and we thank you for your patience while we take care of this. Please be assured that we know confirming Reward Nights is important and we want everyone to be able to take advantage of this new feature going forward. I regret that I cannot provide an estimate as to when these items will be corrected, but I can say it will definitely be sooner rather than later. Again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for your interest in Choice Privileges. We look forward to your next stay with Choice Hotels.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can confirm that the booking window has changed, and all members will be able to search and redeem points for Reward Nights as far as 100 days in advance of arrival at all participating Choice Hotels worldwide.
So why did this link:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...bership-levels

first change to saying 100 days for every elite level, but since then has gone back to now saying 30 for general, 50 for Gold, 75 for Platinum, and 100 only for Diamond?

Thanks.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88
Well I tried send private messages to you but it saying " ChoiceHotels has chosen not to receive private messages" I tried book 07/11-07/13 COMFORT HOTEL TOKYO HIGASHI NIHOMBASHI it show up 8000 points available, but when proceed keep getting: "Sorry, we could not book the rooms you requested. Click continue to view rates and select another room". ........I tried same date for COMFORT HOTEL TOKYO HIGASHI KANDA, it just keep showing " CAN BE BOOKED WITH POINTS FOR STAYS BEFORE JUNE 14, 2018" .....Both hotels have regular room available and no black out policy apply, it's very annoying website doesn't work, Can you please check what's going on

Thanks!
Thank you for your interest in Choice Hotels and the Choice Privileges program. It is truly appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear that you were not able to confirm a reward night reservation. I understand redeeming your points is important and I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. I also regret you received an error message when you tried to private message us regarding this issue. I cannot say why you received an error message when private messaging.

I am pleased to report that there have been some additional updates made to our reservation system to accommodate the new booking window. If you would be so kind, please try to confirm your reward night reservations again. If you still cannot reserve online, please send us a private message with your Choice Privileges membership number and the reservation details for the hotels you would like to confirm.

Thank you again for reaching out to Choice Hotels. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Kind regards,

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Old May 16, 2018, 1:51 pm

So why did this link:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...bership-levels

first change to saying 100 days for every elite level, but since then has gone back to now saying 30 for general, 50 for Gold, 75 for Platinum, and 100 only for Diamond?

Thanks.

Thank you so much for your interest in redeeming your Choice Privileges points for reward nights. It is greatly appreciated.

I apologize for any confusion this change may have caused. There have been some additional updates made to our reservation systems for the new booking window. We are updating the messaging on the website and it may be a few days before it shows the new policy again.

Thank you again for reaching out to Choice Hotels and for your patience while we work on this exciting new change. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Kind regards,

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Old May 16, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much for your interest in redeeming your Choice Privileges points for reward nights. It is greatly appreciated.

I apologize for any confusion this change may have caused. There have been some additional updates made to our reservation systems for the new booking window. We are updating the messaging on the website and it may be a few days before it shows the new policy again.

Thank you again for reaching out to Choice Hotels and for your patience while we work on this exciting new change. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Kind regards,

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Thanks, I just tried the Membership Levels Link again and it once again says 100 days for each status level.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Finally worked, no more errors
Old May 21, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Finally worked, no more errors
Thank you so much for letting us know that you were able to confirm your reward night reservation. It is truly appreciated.

Thank you again for reaching out to Choice Hotels. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Kind regards,

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Old May 30, 2018, 7:13 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Thank you so much for letting us know that you were able to confirm your reward night reservation. It is truly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Hi, is there still website issue with the award night booking? I'm unable to book a single reward night for all Tokyo hotels in first week of September. It shows points available in the general list but when attempting to select a room it shows none available. When I tried to change it to a closer date in June it then says I do not have enough points. In both cases cash rate is available for the standard room and I have more than enough for the single room I'm trying to book.

Thanks
Old May 31, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
There seems to be many instances where cash may be available for a standard room, but there is no award space. I'm fairly new to Choice, but I assume individual properties (particular high end Ascend properties) limited award space to a certain number of standard rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.