Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Account hacked and points stolen, phone or email cust serv did not help

Old Apr 9, 18, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Silver, MR-Silver, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum, AClub-Platinum

Hi,

My account information was stolen and my points as well. Email adddres and all else was changed.
I tried to call customer service several times but after almost an hour over the phone and escalating to a supervisor did not help the line broke up by the time we were getting close to a solution.
When email address for customer service was available, I emailed them but the problem was the points expired due to two years.
I have 68.000 points stolen and no way to recover them.

Can somebody help with some experince where can I get my account restored and my points back?

Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 18, 9:10 am

Programs: human being triple secret platinum
I don't know what this sentence means: "When email address for customer service was available, I emailed them but the problem was the points expired due to two years."

As to the more general questions of regaining stolen points after an account breach, my sense (not from personal experience, but from hearing the experiences of others) is that you are unlikely to have those points restored.
Old Apr 11, 18, 1:49 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Private Message Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by iszabo View Post
Hi,

My account information was stolen and my points as well. Email adddres and all else was changed.
I tried to call customer service several times but after almost an hour over the phone and escalating to a supervisor did not help the line broke up by the time we were getting close to a solution.
When email address for customer service was available, I emailed them but the problem was the points expired due to two years.
I have 68.000 points stolen and no way to recover them.

Can somebody help with some experince where can I get my account restored and my points back?

Thank you.
Please private message me with your Choice Privileges member number and phone number so I can escalate this issue with our Member Services team. My apologies for this inconvenience!
boxo, Brendan and roberto99 like this.
Old May 23, 18, 9:59 pm

Programs: Choice privileges
Hacked account as well

[Using wife's FB login] Just noticed I had 64000 points (that I know of right now) stolen in the last two days, and I had a similar experience with 'background noise' and dropped calls as I attempted to reach someone. One of the $100 Amazon cards was just issued today, so I thought it might be an easy fix to flag that digital card # before it was used (and maybe find out who attempted to use it?), but alas... have to wait til tomorrow to begin the process all over again with a 'supervisor'.
Choice: This is not a hard fix. Just develop a confirmation step (sent to the original email!) into the 'change of email' process, and all will be well.
And please get those points back for me. I'm an old timer with the program, going back to 99, and I work very hard to both earn and promote the program.
Kerry T
Brendan likes this.
Old May 24, 18, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Kathy Eslick Tomasi View Post
[Using wife's FB login] Just noticed I had 64000 points (that I know of right now) stolen in the last two days, and I had a similar experience with 'background noise' and dropped calls as I attempted to reach someone. One of the $100 Amazon cards was just issued today, so I thought it might be an easy fix to flag that digital card # before it was used (and maybe find out who attempted to use it?), but alas... have to wait til tomorrow to begin the process all over again with a 'supervisor'.
Choice: This is not a hard fix. Just develop a confirmation step (sent to the original email!) into the 'change of email' process, and all will be well.
And please get those points back for me. I'm an old timer with the program, going back to 99, and I work very hard to both earn and promote the program.
Kerry T
Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. We take these matters very seriously and I would be happy to assist. If you would be so kind as to private message us with your Choice Privileges member number so we can check into this for you. Please also include your phone number and mailing address for account verification purposes in your private message. It would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Brendan and roberto99 like this.
Old May 29, 18, 7:22 pm

Programs: Choice privileges
Did you receive the private message with my account # and contact info?
Brendan likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Kathy Eslick Tomasi View Post
Did you receive the private message with my account # and contact info?
Yes we did and have replied back to you via private message
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 19, 18, 2:03 pm

Just bumping this thread since no one who initially reported experiencing this type of issue has posted recently.

Was anyone with account control issues successfully able to get there points restored by Choice?
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 20, 18, 9:51 am

We take these matters very seriously and would be happy to assist anyone with their Choice Privileges account. If you are experiencing any issues, please kindly send us a private message with your Choice Privileges member number and any pertinent details. For verification reasons, please include the telephone number, e-mail address, and mailing address associated with your account. We look forward to assisting you.

Jose A.
Executive Guest Services
Old Sep 4, 18, 12:08 pm

Dont expect anything from their Member Services Department. I tried to work with them on an issue that I had regarding Point Purchase. They did nothing but state their policy. Would not listen to my concerns.
Old Sep 4, 18, 6:15 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
Your post is meaningless since you give us absolutely no specifics.
Old Sep 5, 18, 8:23 am

Please know that we take these matters very seriously and would be happy to assist anyone with their Choice Privileges account. Please accept my sincerest apologies as we don’t expect our members to have concerns. If you are experiencing any issues, please kindly send us a private message with your Choice Privileges member number and any pertinent details. For verification reasons, please include the telephone number, e-mail address, and mailing address associated with your account. We look forward to assisting you.Paula MExecutive Guest Services
Brendan and wolfpacktrojan like this.
Old Sep 29, 18, 6:14 am

Account Hacked, Points Stolen, Waiting for CP Help

My account was hacked and all but 2K points were stolen and redeemed for a $100 digital Amazon gift card. Phone agent says wait 1 to 3 days for someone in corporate to contact me about this but no promise of returning my points was made. I used private message yesterday to Choice representative on this board but no response yet. Email in my profile was changed to that of the hacker so easy to see was fraudulent.
Old Oct 2, 18, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by dldkjones View Post
My account was hacked and all but 2K points were stolen and redeemed for a $100 digital Amazon gift card. Phone agent says wait 1 to 3 days for someone in corporate to contact me about this but no promise of returning my points was made. I used private message yesterday to Choice representative on this board but no response yet. Email in my profile was changed to that of the hacker so easy to see was fraudulent.
It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday and having this matter resolved. We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this issue and allowing us the opportunity to assist. Your membership and continued loyalty are greatly appreicated!

Jose A.
Executive Guest Services

Search this Thread