Can't earn SWA points

Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Can't earn SWA points

Is anyone else having trouble earning SWA points with Choice? Since their is no ongoing promotion currently I changed my profile loyalty program to earn SWA points instead of Choice points which for me is a better deal if a promotion is not in effect. Anyway, the last 4 stays even though I booked them so I should have earned SWA points (and I verified the confirmation email said it would earn airline points) they keep crediting me instead a modest amount of Choice points instead. I called their CS about it and they agreed I should have earned SWA points and they opened a "case" to try to correct it. In the meantime I don't know how long this is going to take to fix so I started a new CP account to try to temporarily work around this problem but when I tried to enter my SW RR number when I save it their website changes my inputted SW RR number by adding 5 leading zeros and a "2" at the end of my number. So that's not going to work. I've tried editing it by adding a sixth leading zero and removing the "2" at the end but then I get an "invalid entry" error. Sigh, this is frustrating. Is it possible to earn SW RR points with Choice anymore? This combined with the fact their credit card systematically shorts people on the earned points they advertise makes me start to wonder if anything actually works as advertised with this company.
starflyer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeff050
Is anyone else having trouble earning SWA points with Choice? Since their is no ongoing promotion currently I changed my profile loyalty program to earn SWA points instead of Choice points which for me is a better deal if a promotion is not in effect. Anyway, the last 4 stays even though I booked them so I should have earned SWA points (and I verified the confirmation email said it would earn airline points) they keep crediting me instead a modest amount of Choice points instead. I called their CS about it and they agreed I should have earned SWA points and they opened a "case" to try to correct it. In the meantime I don't know how long this is going to take to fix so I started a new CP account to try to temporarily work around this problem but when I tried to enter my SW RR number when I save it their website changes my inputted SW RR number by adding 5 leading zeros and a "2" at the end of my number. So that's not going to work. I've tried editing it by adding a sixth leading zero and removing the "2" at the end but then I get an "invalid entry" error. Sigh, this is frustrating. Is it possible to earn SW RR points with Choice anymore? This combined with the fact their credit card systematically shorts people on the earned points they advertise makes me start to wonder if anything actually works as advertised with this company.
You need to know your correct full SWA RR number (with the correct number of leading 0's). If you don't know that, contact SWA to make sure you know it correctly. SWA's site takes abbreviated numbers, but many partner sites (including Choice) require the full number.

If you printed an SWA RR card from the website many years ago when they still had this capability, it was the full number there. But I don't know where, fi anywhere, you can see the full number on the current SWA website (I only see the abberviated number).

I have had my full (including leading 0's) SWA number in my Choice profile for a decade or more, and when I made a stay a few weeks ago with my preferences set to earn SWA points, it took a couple weeks or so but the points finally did get to SWA. So SWA stay earnings are working if you have your full SWA number successfully in the Choice system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.