Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Cancelling a points reservation at Bluegreen resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling a points reservation at Bluegreen resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Question Cancelling a points reservation at Bluegreen resorts

Via the Choice website I cancelled a reservation made with reward points at a Bluegreen resort in Orlando BEFORE the cancellation deadline. Oddly, the points were not returned to my account even after several days.

After calling the CP customer service line the agent informed me that in order to have points returned on a Bluegreen cancellation it must be done by CALLING the Choice reservation line. Otherwise, a case has to be opened, the property contacted and several days to return the points. None of this is mentioned on the Choice website, where the reservation was both originally made as well as cancelled.

Has anyone else ever heard of this policy?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
After three more calls to Choice customer service, and in turn, to the Bluegreen resort in question, the points were finally returned. However, as far as I know, cancellation requirement has not been updated on this or any other Bluegreen web page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.