Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Change in booking window international points reservations.

Old Dec 29, 17, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Iíve noticed a change in international (Norway) points bookings. While it used to be 60 days, same for Gold or no elite status for international points stays, now it is 30 days for everything with no elite status.

Unfortunately Iím 2 days short of gold status for 2017. Do they do elite challenges? Or do I need to get the credit card. Or make cash reservations to save the spot and at 30 days cancel and rebook as points stays?
Old Dec 29, 17, 3:28 pm

Programs: human being triple secret platinum
Originally Posted by tom_MN View Post
Iíve noticed a change in international (Norway) points bookings. While it used to be 60 days, same for Gold or no elite status for international points stays, now it is 30 days for everything with no elite status.

Unfortunately Iím 2 days short of gold status for 2017. Do they do elite challenges? Or do I need to get the credit card. Or make cash reservations to save the spot and at 30 days cancel and rebook as points stays?
I status challenged into Choice Platinum recently based on Hilton Diamond. It was easy.

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...s/status-match
Old Dec 29, 17, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately I already did that once so canít again.
Old Dec 30, 17, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by tom_MN View Post
Unfortunately I already did that once so canít again.
You also get Gold status automatically with the credit card.
Old Jan 6, 18, 4:01 am

It looks like their award night booking window system is busted. I am seeing a significantly shorter award booking window than my elite status should guarantee (both on the website and in the app).

In reply to the OP the T&Cs state: "Members who have not yet achieved Elite Status must make their free night reservation personally through the Program Line or through their online account no more than 30 days prior to planned arrival for stays in their country of residence. Sixty days prior to their planned arrival at all other locations worldwide."
Old Jan 26, 18, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I applied for the credit card and the gold status in my account appeared before the card came in the mail. The international booking window seems to be about 70 days.
Old Feb 9, 18, 7:51 am

This is still broken. Platinum / Diamond elites still can only book award nights at international properties with arrival dates at most 60 days out instead of the expected 75 / 100 day award booking windows.

Anyone can confirm they are experiencing the same issues booking award nights at international Choice properties with arrival dates 60-100 days out? Anyone find a successful workaround or get any additional info from Choice about when they may have the issue fixed?
Old Feb 10, 18, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by mster View Post
This is still broken. Platinum / Diamond elites still can only book award nights at international properties with arrival dates at most 60 days out instead of the expected 75 / 100 day award booking windows.

Anyone can confirm they are experiencing the same issues booking award nights at international Choice properties with arrival dates 60-100 days out? Anyone find a successful workaround or get any additional info from Choice about when they may have the issue fixed?
I'm Choice Platinum and cannot book anything more than 60 days prior, even though the extended booking window should be 75 days. Getting the message "Sorry, there are no rooms available on Thursday, April 12, 2018 for 1 night."
Old Apr 13, 18, 1:32 pm

Seems that now at least they list dates as available for first screen, but then an error appears when you try to book them. Any news on when this will be fully fixed, or how to currently work around this?
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jonmch View Post
Seems that now at least they list dates as available for first screen, but then an error appears when you try to book them. Any news on when this will be fully fixed, or how to currently work around this?
Sometimes when trying to book with a device using a mobile operating system I face errors, but then doing the booking over the phone or via a desktop browser works fine.
Old Apr 13, 18, 6:20 pm

Doesn't seem to be an issue for me -- 75 days out as Platinum. Not sure why the discrepancy?
Old Apr 14, 18, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Sometimes when trying to book with a device using a mobile operating system I face errors, but then doing the booking over the phone or via a desktop browser works fine.
My experience to date has been that some phone agents are not trained properly and will have trouble completing bookings in either (1) the extended elite booking window or (2) the international booking window for non-elites. They will then make up a rationale for why this is the case. Hang up and call back.

I can remember at least one occasion where I wasn't able to complete a booking beginning in the 60-75 day extended platinum booking window until the fourth phone agent that I spoke with - the final call took less than 5 minutes since the agent was familiar with the actual Choice policies.
Old Apr 16, 18, 8:56 am

Thanks for the guidance, will be heading to Oslo soon.
Old Apr 23, 18, 7:37 am

The full 60 day award booking window at international Choice properties is still inaccessible for non-elite / Gold members. The full 75 day award booking window for Platinum members also still appears to be broken.

The Diamond 100 day elite award booking window does appear to be fixed (at least in Europe), but it's really unfortunate that proper award booking functionality remains broken for most members of the Choice Privileges program.
Old May 3, 18, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Was able to book 2 properties in Norway (5 rooms total) at 60 days out with gold status, what a great use of 80,000 points.

Search this Thread