Search

At Six - Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What hotel(s) are you talking about with $2500+? : The $2900 rate, whether anyone paid it or not, that got famous on this forum was not in Stockholm, not in Copenhagen, but in Bergen, Norway.

I dropped that "$2900" thread link into this thread not because it was about Stockholm, but because the OP was bringing up low redemption values for their Scandinavian stays overall.
Bergen doesn’t get the extremely high hotel room revenue that Stockholm and Copenhagen get. And I know you were referring to a Clarion hotel in Bergen, one that I’ve posted about staying at before. It’s why I mentioned Stockholm and Copenhagen. Jacking up a suite rate to effectively try to block it from being booked as a regular paid rate is not unheard of around here.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:41 am
Suspended

Recently had another stay at this hotel, but never a stay on Choice points.

The hotel has nice rooms for the price range in Stockholm, and the service is about typical for such hotels. Other than the relatively dark hallways and the location not being a plus for me, I would say this hotel is as good as any Nordic Choice property in central Stockholm. The hotel has a sort of dark eroticism aesthetic. Breakfast is not included for all guests at this hotel, although the hotel frequently (but not always) adds it in for me on a complimentary basis regardless of my rate. While the buffet breakfast at this Nordic Choice hotel has higher quality pastries and some other items, the selection is far more limited than what the Clarion hotels in Stockholm include.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Thanks for the update. "Dark eroticism aesthetic" is an interesting description -- looking forward to our stay!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: Avios
Just finished a stay here,very nice hotel 5 minutes from

Central train station. Fantastic use of Amex Platinum Fine Hotel 200 credit. Hotel was around 250 night and you get 200 off plus breakfast and 100 for food!! Location cannot be beat and hotel had a nice modern vibe
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tilto007
Central train station. Fantastic use of Amex Platinum Fine Hotel 200 credit. Hotel was around 250 night and you get 200 off plus breakfast and 100 for food!! Location cannot be beat and hotel had a nice modern vibe
What kind of upgraded room did you get assigned at check-in on the Amex FHR rate?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: Avios
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What kind of upgraded room did you get assigned at check-in on the Amex FHR rate?
We were upgraded to a Jr Suite with a small sofa. It was a lovely room.. The $100 food credit was enough for a good dinner for 2 with no alcohol.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tilto007
We were upgraded to a Jr Suite with a small sofa. It was a lovely room.. The $100 food credit was enough for a good dinner for 2 with no alcohol.
What room did you originally book if you don't mind me asking? I am considering doing a 6 night stay here in September and really can't decide if it's the right call over the Grand Hotel or the Bank Hotel. Bank Hotel is not FHR but looks like it gets great reviews.

Also, how was the breakfast? Stockholm is not a cheap city so any additional value I can find I'm all for!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sirchubs33
What room did you originally book if you don't mind me asking? I am considering doing a 6 night stay here in September and really can't decide if it's the right call over the Grand Hotel or the Bank Hotel. Bank Hotel is not FHR but looks like it gets great reviews.

Also, how was the breakfast? Stockholm is not a cheap city so any additional value I can find I'm all for!
The breakfast at The Six is pretty decent; and the space gets packed, although a scheduling thing may have helped with that a bit. Their breakfast feels higher quality than say the Clarion hotel breakfasts in Stockholm. My room upgrades at The Six maybe should be better than they are. And as I’m usually doing 1-2 night stays — not six-night stays — I wouldn’t count on an extra-generous upgrade on a six-night stay.

The Bank includes breakfast if doing a Hyatt point stay there, but they may be a bit more miserly with upgrading me at times than The Six.

For reasons of location, and even as location may be a case of YMMV, I prefer Grand and Bank more than The Six.

The Grand is the place where they are most into assigning me rooms as if “you are just your rate”, at which point it may just make sense to go for the SLH Bank booking instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.