Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Japanese Comfort Hotel properties leaving Choice?

Old Nov 17, 17, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Getting the sense that a number of Japanese "Comfort Hotel" properties have re-flagged recently or are giving the impression of having a re-flag in the works (sold out for entire calendar after a specific date etc.). Does anyone have insight into the situation there?
Old Nov 17, 17, 4:46 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
I have twice reserved at hotels that left the chain after I reserved. They clearly knew they were leaving the chain when I reserved, but still chose to take my 'Choice' reservation. I then had to fight for my points.. I doubt they would not take reservations simply because they were leaving the chain.
Old Nov 19, 17, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lougord99 View Post
I have twice reserved at hotels that left the chain after I reserved. They clearly knew they were leaving the chain when I reserved, but still chose to take my 'Choice' reservation. I then had to fight for my points.. I doubt they would not take reservations simply because they were leaving the chain.
The concern is more whether or not award reservations will be honored / if one will still be able to redeem points at these properties in the future since they're one of the only decent Choice redemption options that hasn't been devalued recently.

Search this Thread