Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Needed Points for Choice Hotel Stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Needed Points for Choice Hotel Stay

My wife was recently checking out the number of points needed to stay at an Econolodge in Tasmania for certain dates a little over a month from now. A few days ago, the dates she had picked out showed 6000 points--now the Choice website shows 10000 for those same dates. For some reason, I thought the changes in points required for a particular location was dictated by the month of the year. I thought I had remembered seeing in the past at the individual hotel webpage the listing showing the point totals needed for various months, but I do not see that now. Does anyone know what the situation is with Choice?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by elcraig
My wife was recently checking out the number of points needed to stay at an Econolodge in Tasmania for certain dates a little over a month from now. A few days ago, the dates she had picked out showed 6000 points--now the Choice website shows 10000 for those same dates. For some reason, I thought the changes in points required for a particular location was dictated by the month of the year. I thought I had remembered seeing in the past at the individual hotel webpage the listing showing the point totals needed for various months, but I do not see that now. Does anyone know what the situation is with Choice?
Hmm, I think you & your wife are experiencing some of the same issues that I have recently (plus possibly an unannounced devaluation). Please see my post (#26) in this other thread:
Points plus cash - technical problem

On the hotel "overview" page (at the bottom of the blue-shaded section), Choice would display the current "point prices" as well as typically point prices for the next quarter or season when they would change (I assume this is due to supply/demand factors based on the travel season). However, I'm no longer seeing this information disclosed, which is not good for the consumer. Actually, it's very frustrating too - since now you just have to rely on doing a hotel search based on a date within your booking window and hope that the points price for your stay date(s) doesn't change by the time you do get into your booking window....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Hmm, I think you & your wife are experiencing some of the same issues that I have recently (plus possibly an unannounced devaluation). Please see my post (#26) in this other thread:
Points plus cash - technical problem

On the hotel "overview" page (at the bottom of the blue-shaded section), Choice would display the current "point prices" as well as typically point prices for the next quarter or season when they would change (I assume this is due to supply/demand factors based on the travel season). However, I'm no longer seeing this information disclosed, which is not good for the consumer. Actually, it's very frustrating too - since now you just have to rely on doing a hotel search based on a date within your booking window and hope that the points price for your stay date(s) doesn't change by the time you do get into your booking window....
I haven't had time to look at many hotels, but the other day I was looking at the web page for one Choice hotel in California, and it once again showed the "calendar" of point prices currently and in the next period. So are they back overall?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I haven't had time to look at many hotels, but the other day I was looking at the web page for one Choice hotel in California, and it once again showed the "calendar" of point prices currently and in the next period. So are they back overall?
UPDATE:

I've noticed this back at several other hotel web pages now.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
UPDATE:

I've noticed this back at several other hotel web pages now.
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been noticing this too for the hotels I've been searching lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.