Unable to Process Promotional redemption?

Old Aug 1, 17, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Unable to Process Promotional redemption?

I received 8000 points from the last promotion in my account. When I try to redeem for Amazon promotional gift card ($50) I get all the way to the last step and then get 'Unable to process' and my account is never debited the points and I don't get the Amazon gift card (I have received emails with the $2.50 card from Choice for staying on a weeknight).

Is this promotion working for anyone else? I know the promotional dates ended last month, but there was another month to redeem (since my points from a late July stay just posted).

I did email Choice Hotels but know they are very slow to respond.. not had great success on phone support in the past, so hoping its just a temporary problem that will fix itself.
Old Aug 1, 17, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, UA Silver (via Marriott), WN CP, Choice Platinum
Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
I received 8000 points from the last promotion in my account. When I try to redeem for Amazon promotional gift card ($50) I get all the way to the last step and then get 'Unable to process' and my account is never debited the points and I don't get the Amazon gift card (I have received emails with the $2.50 card from Choice for staying on a weeknight).

Is this promotion working for anyone else? I know the promotional dates ended last month, but there was another month to redeem (since my points from a late July stay just posted).

I did email Choice Hotels but know they are very slow to respond.. not had great success on phone support in the past, so hoping its just a temporary problem that will fix itself.
Have you redeemed for another e-gift card in the past 72 hours? That restriction - 1 e-gift card per 72 hours - seems to be hard-coded into the system from my experience. Other than that I'm not sure, though.
Old Aug 2, 17, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I had not. But either the system was down yesterday or just for me -- it worked fine today. Thanks! For me I stayed at hotels that were only about $75 a night, so getting an effective $25 back at Amazon per stay was a pretty good return.

Search this Thread