Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August choice promo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

August choice promo

Does anyone have any insight on when the next promo will start with Choice privileges or what it will be? Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hard to say. In previous years this gift card promo went a little tater, for example through mid-August 2016, and there was no promo after that until September 1, 2016. I think it was a similar pattern the previous year. So we have no recent history of a schedule like this year's where one promo ends at the end of July, and thus it's unclear whether another promo will start in August or whether they'll still wait until September.

See this thread for recent history of promos from almost the last two years:
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

any word yet?

No word here - how about anyone else?
Got a couple one night stays next week so wondering.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lilmama48
No word here - how about anyone else?
Got a couple one night stays next week so wondering.
Got any Choice properties near you? You could pop into the lobby and see if they've gotten any new promotional materials (to put on the check-in counter) about a new promo.

That's how we've gotten the first word on some Choice promos in recent times.

Or you could call (voice) Choice Privileges and ask them if they know. (Don't email, they'll never answer.) I'm guessing, though, that they won't likely tell you if they haven't started sending the promotional material to hotels yet.

A couple years ago, when InsideFlyer was a print magazine still (published by Randy Petersen), they would find out about upcoming promos (at Choice as well as other hotel programs) enough ahead of time to put them in print the month they were going to start (later that month). But now that InsideFlyer (as a Frequent Flyer / Frequent Guest news source) is gone, I don't know where to get such advance news.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:33 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Look out for the official announcement at the end of the month, but we can say you’ll have the opportunity to earn points towards a free night after every 2 separate, qualifying stays!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:50 pm

I'm trusting whatever Choice says less and less. Had four stays during the latest 8,000 points for every two stays, only got one 8,000 point bonus. Won't be surprised at all if the next promotion exhibits the same problem.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
I'm trusting whatever Choice says less and less. Had four stays during the latest 8,000 points for every two stays, only got one 8,000 point bonus. Won't be surprised at all if the next promotion exhibits the same problem.
If you met the requirements, they'll fix that. It might be an awful process, I've had some terribly hit or miss situations with them, but I get the points I'm owed as long as it wasn't something I actually did wrong.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
Look out for the official announcement at the end of the month, but we can say you’ll have the opportunity to earn points towards a free night after every 2 separate, qualifying stays!
It's pretty disappointing that this year's summer promo ended a few weeks earlier than last year's, and that there is no promo at all the entire month of August. I've switched all of my stays this month to lower-end Marriott properties since they have a summer MegaBonus right now.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
It's pretty disappointing that this year's summer promo ended a few weeks earlier than last year's, and that there is no promo at all the entire month of August. I've switched all of my stays this month to lower-end Marriott properties since they have a summer MegaBonus right now.
Check out Wyndham this month if they have any tolerable properties where you are staying. Great promo for using masterpass, two stays equals a free night at any property - much better than the 8k choice options. Only good for a couple nights, but definitely better than megabonus...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Southwest, SPG, Marriott, UR & Amex
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
I got this promo, maybe selective email?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synergistic
Check out Wyndham this month if they have any tolerable properties where you are staying. Great promo for using masterpass, two stays equals a free night at any property - much better than the 8k choice options. Only good for a couple nights, but definitely better than megabonus...
Except that 95% of WyndamRewards properties are the equivalent of EconoLodge. Once you factor those out, it's a fairly small "footprint" program in terms of "desirable" properties. I'd say it's easier to find a "desirable" Choice or Marriott property most places than a "desirable" WyndhamRewards property.

And how excited would you be about a Choice promo that gave you free nights only usable at Econolodge and Rodeway Inn?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:01 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Sincerest Appologies

Originally Posted by starflyer
My sincerest apologies you did not receive the appropriate number of bonus points. Can you please private message me with your member number so that our Promotions team can look into this?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Exclamation Fall promo details

Stay with us two separate times between August 31 and November 11 and earn enough points to redeem for a future FREE night at over 1,000 hotels.

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN EARN:

Register below for the promotion. Not a member? Join for free today.

Book on ChoiceHotels.com, our mobile app, or by phone at 800.4.CHOICE to make sure your stays count.

Earn a free night! Make 2 separate qualifying stays to earn enough points to redeem for a future FREE night at over 1,000 hotels.

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So please continue discussion of the new promo (which is not for August anyway except for one night) in the ongoing thread for all Choice promotions:
Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Except that 95% of WyndamRewards properties are the equivalent of EconoLodge. Once you factor those out, it's a fairly small "footprint" program in terms of "desirable" properties. I'd say it's easier to find a "desirable" Choice or Marriott property most places than a "desirable" WyndhamRewards property.

And how excited would you be about a Choice promo that gave you free nights only usable at Econolodge and Rodeway Inn?
While that's definitely true, I still think that 15k Wyndham points are a good bit more valuable than 8k Choice points - there may be very few nice properties, but still, two stays with Choice won't get you many particularly nice properties either. I'd likely do the Wyndham promo even if I were still more loyal to Choice. Also, in some markets (like Seattle in summer!) those 15k points can save you several hundred dollars by booking five points and cash nights at a much reduced rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.