BRG claim denied with ridiculous reasoning

Old Jun 19, 17, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

BRG claim denied with ridiculous reasoning

Below is the reason they gave me. The Choice website of course doesn't have any cancellable rates with different cancellation policies available. And their pre-paid rate is STILL much higher than what I was trying to match it to.

Anything I can do?

The Lowest Price Guarantee program applies when you find a lower price for the same hotel, the same travel dates, same accommodations, and same cancellation policies. After reviewing your information, I e found that the cancellation policy is different than what you have reserved. It requires guests to cancel the reservation prior to 7-5-17, while the reservation you made with Choice Hotels is cancellable up to 7-12-17 before 6pm local hotel time. Unfortunately, your claim is not eligible for the Lowest Price Guarantee program.
Old Jun 21, 17, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by javabean View Post
Below is the reason they gave me. The Choice website of course doesn't have any cancellable rates with different cancellation policies available. And their pre-paid rate is STILL much higher than what I was trying to match it to.

Anything I can do?
I really believe CSRs are trained to find ways to say no to just about any request and CP is not an exception. The fact that the other rate had a much longer cancellation window does blow it out of the running. Remember the terms are written for the benefit of the program and not the guest.

Search this Thread